Reinstalling Dish 1 year later

pk442

Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
Minneapolis Minnesota
One year ago we tore our very old house down and built a new one on the same site. I have a dish 211 and 622 DVR HD receivers. I initially installed my system 11 years ago as a dish 300/500 series-2 dish system. They upgraded me with an oval shaped antenna that Says Dish Turbo HD on it in black lettering on a grey dish in 2007 or 08. I tried to set this newer oval dish back up on the roof in the same area facing the same way as it was before we tore the house down. When I hook it up to the TV and go to installation, I get a choice of Dish 300, Dish 500 or Super dish (or something like that) in the menu, each gives its own (and different) suite of satellites. No matter which I choose, I only seem to get readout of azimuth, angle, skew for one of the satellites. ie> I get those for 61.5, but not 72, or 77. Select a Dish 500 and I get those for the 110 satellite but not the 119 satellite. I live in the Western suburbs of Minneapolis Mn (55364).
My questions are: Where do I point the dish - what azimuth, elevation, skew?
what are the satelites that are appropriate for my area? (ie. 61.5, 72, 77, 110, 119, etc.?)
Dish will not help, they just want me to pay for "professional installation."

thanks for any helpful tips - PK

1-800-333-3474 is my best advice. You probably have the original DISH 1000 which has been replaced with 1000.2, 1000.4 and 1000+ have DISH do the install with the correct equipment for your location and subscription level.

First try calling back, you'll most likely find somebody else, second if you don't have the protection plan add it. That will help keep costs down. Third if you want to go it alone. It sounds like you have a 1000.2 or 1000.4 dish. To find out what exactly you have go to menu 6, 1, 1 to get to the point dish screen. Select check switch and see what the device is listed as. With a 1000.2 it should read 1K.2 and if it's a 1000.4 it depends on if your EA or WA. I think that if it's WA it will say WA.4 Unless you have messes with the settings settings on your dish they. Should be good enough to find signal. Make sure that the mast is level. If you have a 1K.2 or WA.4 spin the dish to the south, southwest and get the highest signal you can on Sat 119 Transponder 14. At least 59 but should be in the 60-70s. If you have EA then point on 72.7 minimum is 38 but go for 40-50s. Then peak the WA on Sat 129 TP 19 should be at least 46 but get the best signal possible. If EA peak on 61.5 TP 31.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

None of the settings for the new dish's are on the menu, you will need to look them up. the 1000.4 can be tricky to install I recomend have some with experence coe out and point this dish. Add call dish back, and play CSR roulett and I would bet you could get it done for free. Also contact The DIRT here on this site they will be VERY helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts