Release notes and software update frequency...?

ChairBound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Spotsylvania, VA
Since I am new to this forum, I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I am curious about a few basic things. 1) Who do we have to bribe to get release notes WITH each software update? How hard can this be for Dish to post? On their forums, the last release notes posted was something like S175 (not really the correct number, but you get the idea). 2) About how often is Dish releasing software updates for the Hopper? I see the last two listed on the boards look about a month apart. Is that standard? I am asking this question because the S221 update actually broke something for me.

I think you can try to bribe Scott G, he may come with a high price though. Seriously Dish does not post to sites, they do send out memo's and Press Releases. Memo's may or may not be posted here by other but the PR's are. Updates are random, they come when they come and several close to each other do happen but may be due to the changes being made are too big a download to happen at once.

I think you can try to bribe Scott G, he may come with a high price though. Seriously Dish does not post to sites, they do send out memo's and

They have routinely posted release notes to Dishsupport.com. They have not been keeping up with Hopper relases though.

I have been told that the people that normally do the release notes on dish support.com have either moved to another department or are playing catch up on other matters.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I have been told that the people that normally do the release notes on dish support.com have either moved to another department or are playing catch up on other matters.

Figures....I wsh I had a job where I could ignore the finer details and still keep my job.

The above statement may not have been fair of me. Please disregard my grouchiness over something that is probably minor.

I didn't take it as being unfair as far as info being released to the users and I don't think it should be considered as minor. If an update "broke" something, you should expect info. You may want to post the problem or PM a DIRT member for help.

When I use to run DishSupport.com I had trouble getting the notes. One day I finally got pissed off enough that I called Charlie directly and told him what I wanted, he told me to email him exactly what I needed and he would get it to the correct person and the notes would start coming again

Emailed him and got a reply back from him within 5 minutes that he was handling things.

A week later notes started coming in again.

I don't work for Dish anymore so I can't call Charlie directly for it to get them for SatelliteGuys, but if he calls or emails me I will definitely mention it to him.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

even when we were getting the release notes, they were fairly thin. "Misc. stability fixes, Misc." might have contained a lot of what were interested in the last few months.

The info we either found on our own or Scott provided was usually better.

even when we were getting the release notes, they were fairly thin. "Misc. stability fixes, Misc." might have contained a lot of what were interested in the last few months.

The info we either found on our own or Scott provided was usually better.

Sparc....that is a good point. Those kinds of release notes are the same as no release notes.i like the kind of release notes that ATI/AMD releases. Details thank you.

Yeah... My favorite updates when they were releasing notes were "misc," "stability/bug fixes," or cryptic messages such as "tune to HD" and "Sling PU text update."

That being said... They were better than what we're getting now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)