Reliability Guarantee Is an Insult

It's 87.6 hours or 5256 minutes, so I'm guessing that you meant hours instead of minutes.

View attachment 157941 minutes

At this rate, they could have up to 14.4 minutes of outage every day and still fall within 99%.

However, in the 26+ months I have subscribed to Dish lately, I can't remember seeing any outages at all.Then again, I live in California and we have not had much rain. Also I don't watch Dish TV very much.
You're quite right of course, a slip of the brain cells on my part. Thanks for the catch...

Dish doesn't advertise 100% rain proof signal.

You have a dish looking at a point far from the Earth's surface. In between those two points are molecules of varying types, and they all obey the laws of physics. Sometimes, strong storms come in and interfere with the signal. This should be expected. If you get signal loss in a sprinkle, the dish needs to be recentered. Otherwise, you are arguing with Dish over the laws of physics... and Dish has little control over that.. much like they also don't control the weather.

I have only lost signal a couple times in a decade plus during good weather and that was when their home base was getting plastered in strong thunderstorms.

Reactions: dishdude
I am thinking that the credit comes when there is a DISH uplink outage, not a local storm outage. That is plainly their fault. Once again, if you are not watching TV to notice the outage do you really think you are owed a credit.
Do you know from what location Dish sends its uplink signal to the geo-synch satellite? Or is it multiple locations to ensure that there isn't one point of failure? Do they do something different/special to ensure the uplink signal isn't impacted by storms?

Dish doesn't advertise 100% rain proof signal.

You have a dish looking at a point far from the Earth's surface. In between those two points are molecules of varying types, and they all obey the laws of physics. Sometimes, strong storms come in and interfere with the signal. This should be expected. If you get signal loss in a sprinkle, the dish needs to be recentered. Otherwise, you are arguing with Dish over the laws of physics... and Dish has little control over that.. much like they also don't control the weather.

I have only lost signal a couple times in a decade plus during good weather and that was when their home base was getting plastered in strong thunderstorms.

No video delivery works 100%, not cable, not streaming, not satellite. Dish seems to be 99%+, and I think that's pretty darn good.

The bottom line here is that Dish service is really damn reliable (my experience). I'm a 22+ year loyal customer and, to be honest, I didn't know that I could call and get reimbursed for outages. But where I live outages are so seldom and never last more than a few minutes, with an occasional really heavy rain causing a 10-15 minute outage.
lets hope they credit him and not tell him that they have no control over the weather :coco :mad:

I am thinking that the credit comes when there is a DISH uplink outage, not a local storm outage. That is plainly their fault. Once again, if you are not watching TV to notice the outage do you really think you are owed a credit.
they will tell you they can't control the weather and it's not there fault :p

I pay a whopping $186/month -- I know, that's outrageous. But that is only about $6.20 per day ($0.26 per hour). It would have to be out for a couple of days before I would ask to be reimbursed. Calling Dish is always a bit on the painful side -- calling them for something like this is not worth my time.
holy sh*t!!! i was crying over paying direct 65.00 for 250 channels with the mlb extra innings with 3 rooms :coco. next year that bill is gonna sky rocket o_O

Dish is the most reliable service I have, more reliable by far over internet which means better than streaming over it, better than my good cell signal or electric outages.

I get they are making a guarantee but I also get you have to ask for the whole big $2.00 refund. I can bet there would be no guarantee if they had to pay every account everytime. Like coupons that largely would not exist if eveyone redeemed them.

Dish is the most reliable service I have, more reliable by far over internet which means better than streaming over it, better than my good cell signal or electric outages.

I get they are making a guarantee but I also get you have to ask for the whole big $2.00 refund. I can bet there would be no guarantee if they had to pay every account everytime. Like coupons that largely would not exist if eveyone redeemed them.
Given that satellite TV service availability only costs about 14 cents an hour with a high $100/mo package fee, it's hard to justify even a $2 credit for outages that typically last just a few minutes.

Given that satellite TV service availability only costs about 14 cents an hour with a high $100/mo package fee, it's hard to justify even a $2 credit for outages that typically last just a few minutes.
who would call in for a measly 2.00 credit? never mind i might be surprized

only 1 outage here in 20 years with direct!!! been through ice snow rain. the only time it went down it when it was raining so hard out that not even i could see where i was going!!!

i'm surprized they give credits for bad weather. they can't control mother nature

Reactions: Tampa8 and TheKrell
who would call in for a measly 2.00 credit? never mind i might be surprized
The same people who complain that the sale price on cookies this month is 25 cents higher than the last time they were on sale.
Mostly 'Karens' ;)

earl.jpg

Tell me which is a more accurate/honest headline: "Dish Reliability Guarantee Offers Credits for Weather Outages" or "Dish Offers Customers $0.14 Credit Per Hour of Weather Outages if Customers Call In and Report the Outage." The whole point is that they hide the truth in the details and fine print, which is gimmicky and dishonest. I probably wouldn't be so bothered by the whole thing if I hadn't wasted 10 minutes on the phone over it...and likely 30 minutes here now ranting about it!

You've Won a MILLION DOLLARS!*
*Zimbabwean Dollars
^^maybe not the best example as this turns out to actually be a few thousand USD.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
It's a gimmic to try to look good to the customers and to their competition. With Satellite there will always be outages caused by weather . But it looks good to say DISH is 99.9% reliable signal.
buy they all say they have 99.99% reliability :coco. it's a gimmic one more way to try and upsell the customer on why there the best provider.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)