Reliability of the Hopper

Someone mentioned it already but, remember, for every 1 person that has a problem with a product and feels the need to warn the rest of the world there are 10 people that are having a fine experience and don't think to tell people. Same for retauants, stores, cust service. The average person is far more likely to tell more people about their nevative experiences and what you should avoid. They'll tell 6 people NOT to try 'x' place for lunch but 1 or 2 people 'y' had some great burgers.

As someone who has a thread directly below this one asking a question in regards to my Hopper that just bit the dust after a year, I almost feel obligated to post in this thread. The Hopper is hands down the best PVR I have ever owned and would sign up for Dish again tomorrow based on it alone. Electronics fail, it happens. I'll be without mine for nearly 5 days, but all in all it's been a fantastik experience.

Last edited:
Do you feel comfortable transferring programs recorded on EHDs by ViPs to the Hopper DVR without problems?

Agree that there really is no need to transfer and take the risk. Remember, the all linked Joeys can see and playback from the external HDD connected to that Hopper. That's what I do.

Agree that there really is no need to transfer and take the risk. Remember, the all linked Joeys can see and playback from the external HDD connected to that Hopper. That's what I do.

Why is it so hard to expect the Hopper to do something as simple as letting the EHD transfer back to the Hopper.. I Have two Hoppers, and sometimes I want to move something from one Hopper to the other so my wife can see it. Or just fix the integration so both Hoppers can see the EHD.

Why is it so hard to expect the Hopper to do something as simple as letting the EHD transfer back to the Hopper.. I Have two Hoppers, and sometimes I want to move something from one Hopper to the other so my wife can see it. Or just fix the integration so both Hoppers can see the EHD.

So far I've been moving things between my four Hoppers, archiving on one, restoring on the other, so far so good *crosses fingers*. My theory is that where the real problem lies is when folks try to restore items from the older receivers to Hopper. I could be wrong though, someone correct me if I am.