My Hopper just 311'd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drwatson618

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
It's a Hopper without sling. I've had it for probably a year. Whenever they first came out. I turned it on today and had the error. All DVR recording and functions are gone. They're sending a replacement. I pushed for expedited shipping at Dish's expense.

This is just an example of why the host/client idea has flaws. Luckily we're a 2 Hopper household. But since it was the wife's Hopper that failed, she is not very happy right now. I told her it failed because putting garbage on it like teen mom and real housewives ruined it. Garbage in is garbage out. She didn't believe me!

This is just an example of why the host/client idea has flaws. Luckily we're a 2 Hopper household. But since it was the wife's Hopper that failed, she is not very happy right now. I told her it failed because putting garbage on it like teen mom and real housewives ruined it. Garbage in is garbage out. She didn't believe me!

Rofl!

Sorry to hear about your poor wife's Hopper that died. That is why I dual record everything on two Hoppers in case of issues like this. Both Hoppers have identical timers set. My wife would have my A-- if she missed The Real Housewives. Me too!! LOL

Sorry to hear about your poor wife's Hopper that died. That is why I dual record everything on two Hoppers in case of issues like this. Both Hoppers have identical timers set. My wife would have my A-- if she missed The Real Housewives. Me too!! LOL

Wow. Dual timers seems like a PITA. She already has a poor habit of deleting things she's already watched. I'd hate to have to deal with that on two Hoppers.

Wow. Dual timers seems like a PITA. She already has a poor habit of deleting things she's already watched. I'd hate to have to deal with that on two Hoppers.

LOL, at least your wife works the remote control! My wife hardly touches it, that is my job. Yep, I do lotsa deleting but it is worth it to have a backup. It just happened the other nite, one Hopper burped on one of our recordings for some reason. It recorded about 15 seconds, backup Hopper had the complete recording. I have had a DVR completely go bottoms up, backup DVR saved the day. Helps dealing with the upset Mrs, if you know what I mean!! LOL My bad experience with an ex cable company DVRs is what got me into having a back up. Dish DVRs for the most part have been a dream. PTAT has really cut my work down keeping up with timers. I have it enabled both Hoppers for all eight days. I like the 48 hour Deleted Recording's folder too. Comes in handy if I get too quick on the trigger finger deleting a recording. Has saved me twice now since switching to Hoppers.

I got the replacement all setup. Does it need the nightly download for the sling adapter to start working? I wouldn't think it's the case. Wondering if my Sling adapter bit too. The red light won't come on when I plug it in.

I got the replacement all setup. Does it need the nightly download for the sling adapter to start working? I wouldn't think it's the case. Wondering if my Sling adapter bit too. The red light won't come on when I plug it in.

Press YELLOW - 9 - 3 - click "Details" and scroll down to SLING STATUS and SLING VERSION. What do they say?

Sling Status: Not Ready
Sling Adapter: 0.0.0
Sling Version: 05.03.109

I took the adapter down to my other hopper and it wouldn't recognize it either. Called Dish and they're replacing it under warranty. Something must have went terribly wrong for the hard drive and the Sling adapter to fail. I had an EHD hooked up to it as well, but luckily that is still working fine.

The Hopper backs up timers and other settings every day to the remote. Try a restore before tonight's backup to put back your timers and settings. (diagnostics, system wizard)

I always use a harmony remote and I wasn't able to get a good backup once the hard drive failed.

Sling Status: Not Ready
Sling Adapter: 0.0.0
Sling Version: 05.03.109

I took the adapter down to my other hopper and it wouldn't recognize it either. Called Dish and they're replacing it under warranty. Something must have went terribly wrong for the hard drive and the Sling adapter to fail. I had an EHD hooked up to it as well, but luckily that is still working fine.

Yep it's dead. I've had a Sling Adapter randomly die on me too. Luckily the Hopper didn't die too *crosses fingers*. Replacement has worked fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)