My Hopper just 311'd

rglore said:
The Hopper backs up timers and other settings every day to the remote. Try a restore before tonight's backup to put back your timers and settings. (diagnostics, system wizard)

No it doesn't, it backs up when you use the system wizard and tell it to back up.

Sent from my DROIDX

I always use a harmony remote and I wasn't able to get a good backup once the hard drive failed.

No it doesn't, it backs up when you use the system wizard and tell it to back up.

Sent from my DROIDX
Yes it does, go to system wizard and you will see the last backup date. Even though you used a Harmony remote, it still backed up to the original remote just before it died. One of my Hoppers died and I was able to restore settings to the new one even though I hadn't done a manual backup for many months.

I don't know about every other day (Hopper I'm currently on says 4/24,) but they definitely do routine backups.

I don't know about every other day (Hopper I'm currently on says 4/24,) but they definitely do routine backups.

Are you saying the remote backs up itself without using the Backup Wizard? If you have several remotes paired to a Hopper do all the remotes get updated?

The Hopper backs up timers and other settings every day to the remote. Try a restore before tonight's backup to put back your timers and settings. (diagnostics, system wizard)

No wonder I have to keep replacing dead batteries in my remotes. Bad Idea Dish. Unless you have a deal with Duracell or Eveready..

I don't believe that it backs up every day. I'm thinking maybe every week at the most. I'll have to keep an eye on it. As for the several remotes thing, I have no clue, as I don't usually have more than one remote paired to each receiver.

I don't believe that it backs up every day. I'm thinking maybe every week at the most. I'll have to keep an eye on it. As for the several remotes thing, I have no clue, as I don't usually have more than one remote paired to each receiver.

OK, I will too and let you know. Thanks

I just checked my kid's Hopper and it showed a 30 April backup date. He has never done the Backup Wizard since I showed him how to do it two months ago. So, it appears it is an automatic thing for sure. The other three Hoppers and Joey I do the Backup Wizard around once a week. The oldest backup date I have now is 26 April for one of the Hoppers. I have all the dates written down and will not do any backups for now. Will see how things go next couple of days. Maybe we can pin down how often the remote control does an auto backup.

I just did a backup date check for all my remote controls that are paired (16 total) to Hoppers and Joeys. All the dates are different. Three of my remotes are 32.0 models that came out for the 922. Apparently, 32.0 remotes Backup Wizard does not work for the Hopper. All of the 40.0 remote controls must be be backing up automatically. On one Hopper there are eight remotes paired to it. I only have used the Backup Wizard on two of them yet all the remotes show it has been done and all have different dates. I am keeping track of the dates and will see what happens this week.

I just did a backup date check for all my remote controls that are paired (16 total) to Hoppers and Joeys. All the dates are different. Three of my remotes are 32.0 models that came out for the 922. Apparently, 32.0 remotes Backup Wizard does not work for the Hopper. All of the 40.0 remote controls must be be backing up automatically. On one Hopper there are eight remotes paired to it. I only have used the Backup Wizard on two of them yet all the remotes show it has been done and all have different dates. I am keeping track of the dates and will see what happens this week.
Interesting... I wonder how/why it determines to use different remotes at different times. Yeah 32.0 isn't compatible with the Hopper System Wizard. Nor is 40.0 compatible with the 922 System Wizard.

Interesting... I wonder how/why it determines to use different remotes at different times. Yeah 32.0 isn't compatible with the Hopper System Wizard. Nor is 40.0 compatible with the 922 System Wizard.

I don't know, above my level. LOL. The oldest date is 10 April, all the others are 25 to 30 April. The 10 April remote is located in the garage and it is paired to the Hopper in my Great Room. Could be a distance weak signal issue why is hasn't auto updated lately. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts