Relook 400s and LOW SR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
I know there are a couple members with this STB, I've been adding Transponders and for some reason Low Symbol Rates seem Problematic.

Here's what I have experienced, ARABSAT MUX on HISPASAT, getting audio only.
Solo Tango and Playing TV - Nothing , but Radio stations do come in.
Telecaribe (Colombia) - Nothing , doesn't even scan in
Superland and Supershow- scans in but no video.

Probably a few others, luckily these channels aren't my Moms Favorites, she can do without them, I like to get as many channels as possible and I'm still learning with this receiver.

Funny thing is these channels are kind of jumpy compressed video that seem to flicker on my Coolsat and Megasat and I wonder if this receiver has a hard time processing the image.

I like the Relook 400s with PVR , biggest flaw is no blind scan.

I have the Relook 400s and it's ok for FTA. But, not as good as my Pansat 2700a
(not counting the PVR functions) As you said, no hardware based blindscan is one of the big problems it has. And that is probably why you are having video problems. If you cannot find an accurate symbol rate etc., it will cause problems. And to top that off, the Sat table in the Sat database has some errors in it and create problems. As I understand it, the manufacturer is working on an update to the basic image and hopefully they will corrrect that problem.(along with others)
Had I not picked mine up really cheap, I believe I would have gotten rid of it long ago. When on a good channel , it does have a very good picture and audio.
Just all but useless for real FTA stuff.
grusome

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)