Remedy of post not vertical?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hiker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2005
SF Bay Area
I have a 2" IP female pipe fitting mounted to a main beam supporting my wooden deck. I think I can use this for mounting a 90cm dish. I screwed in a short 10" length of pipe (2 3/8" OD) and checked to see if it is plumb and it slightly off by 1-5 degrees.

I want to use pipe fittings to reduce to 1 1/4" (1 5/8' OD) pipe to use as a mast for the 90cm dish. The dish needs to be positioned about 4 to 5 feet above the deck surface to get LOS over the deck fence.

How can I adapt the 2" pipe to the 1 1/4" pipe for mast and be able to adjust to be plumb?

I have a 2" IP female pipe fitting mounted to a main beam supporting my wooden deck. I think I can use this for mounting a 90cm dish. I screwed in a short 10" length of pipe (2 3/8" OD) and checked to see if it is plumb and it slightly off by 1-5 degrees.

I want to use pipe fittings to reduce to 1 1/4" (1 5/8' OD) pipe to use as a mast for the 90cm dish. The dish needs to be positioned about 4 to 5 feet above the deck surface to get LOS over the deck fence.

How can I adapt the 2" pipe to the 1 1/4" pipe for mast and be able to adjust to be plumb?

Check page 5 of this post http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/103316-i-m-back-ready-shop-5.html

I used a turnbuckle and it works great (sorry camera is with the wife so I can't take a pic of mine)

Slap a piece of 2x6 or a 4x4 post up on the deck, then adjust from there. Thats what I did to clear some trees for a ExpressVU HD install for my uncle last weekend. We just attached a 6 foot 4x4 post on the support beam for the deck with 3 good carriage bolts, then mounted the pizza dish onto that.

With my 36" dish, I put a hook into the house, then used the turnbuckle to make it perfectly plumb. You could do the same on the deck if you put a good wood beam up first then go from there.

...and if you are not installing a motor, forget plumb.
Just go for it.
I have a dish on a mast leaning maybe 20º to the south, and once it was set up, it's been fine for years.

Here's another example for watching WhiteSprings.
See that mast to the lower right? 20 degrees, baby!

Of course, if you are motorizing, then all the above is great info. - :up
... or maybe shims (washers?) under the pipe-flange.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)