invacom-set up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nigel_miguel

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
hello there,

i'm thinkin of setting the invacom polar lnb with a motor, but i'm confused....

the lnb has 4 ports but the motor only has one, what do i do with the other 3 ports.

i hop this isn't a stup question??

Two of the ports are for circular signals and the other two are for linear signals. (So that you can have two different receivers watching different programing on the same satellite)

If you want to be able to view both then you need a (diseqc) switch, otherwise if you just want linear signals (Not sure why you would buy that LNB for that purpose) then you only need to connect the linear section (one port) to the motor.

One great way to hook up the Invacom Quad to a motor is to use a 22k 4 x 4 multiswitch. This gives up to four receivers the ability to see both polarities on both the (C)ircular and (L)inear satellites. You would first connect both L outputs to the two '22k off' inputs on the 4 x 4. Then, connect both C outputs to the two '22k on' inputs on the 4 x 4. Connect one output from the 4 x 4 to the 'LNB' connector on the motor. Connect the 'Receiver' connector on the motor to the receiver you will be using to move the dish. You can then connect up to three additional receivers (won't control the motor) directly to the other three outputs on the 4 x 4. When you setup circular satellites in your receiver setup menu, remember to turn the 22k option to 'ON'.

Ive got my qph-031 on a powered spaun 5x8, boy thats nice. I got three dreambox, a fortec mercury II, toshiba trx-2220, genpix skywalker-1, and my satlook NIT all viewing the lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)