Remember when?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AT&TDishman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
Indianapolis
Remember when we were asking about E* shipping an HDMI cable with the 622 and other HD boxes? Well, when I got my 622 today I told the tech I didn't need another set of component cables. He told me that's OK since E* only supplies composite cables in the box now due to "cost cutting" and that if I needed component cables his company would have to eat the cost. Isn't that special of E*?

yup
had that happen a couple of times on installs I have done. Opened up a 211 and no componnent or hdmi!!! after I did the install told dish customer cannot watch hd because of lack of cable, and we dont stock them as a retailer, they sent myself and the customer each a set of component cables.

yup
had that happen a couple of times on installs I have done. Opened up a 211 and no componnent or hdmi!!! after I did the install told dish customer cannot watch hd because of lack of cable, and we dont stock them as a retailer, they sent myself and the customer each a set of component cables.
We are a retailer and a DNS conmtractor..get this..Dish requires us to purchase HDMI cables from them. We are required to bring these cables along with the HD receiver to be installed on each job.
BTW...These ar echeap HDMI cables..In fact they are DVI to HDMI witha HDMI adapter in the package..We are selling upgraded HDMI cables to intersted customers.

Sams Club has a PureAV cable for about 22 bucks and seems to be in stock. People who have a Sams Club card and want it 'NOW NOW', it's probably an ok HDMI cable.

I'm going to drag a friend along with a card and go pick one up for my 722 once it comes in. Any other solution would cost more or require me to wait.

It does suck though. Even if it came with a crappy HDMI cable, it'd still serve its purpose. Instead we are 'upgrading' to a box we can't really use properly without buying more stuff.

Considering how inexpensive these cables are from Monoprice, PCCables, etc. It just seems strange to me. I could understand not providing DVI, but I do think component, composite and HDMI should be part of the deal.

My installer hooked up HDMI when he swapped out the 625 for a new 622. I could have sworn he took it out of the bag of cables that came in the 622 box but I really wasn't paying attention. I had purchased a set of component cables the day before so now I have them as backup in case the HDMI should start acting up.

I just got two 211s from Dish last Friday. Both came with component cables in the box, but neither one had HDMI cables.

My 622 I got a couple of weeks ago to replace our 625 in our bedroom came with an HDMI-DVI cable and included a DVI-HDMI adaper, thus making an HDMI cable. It passes sound just fine too.

Picture looks just fine to me for what DISH provides us.

When i first purchased a 211 it came with components but no HDMI. I ordered an HDMI from fleabay for $12 including shipping, the cable works brilliant and I have used for over 18 months. Paying more for your cable doesn't make the quality of the cable better. Did you hear that MONSTER.

Very few printers include a USB cable these days. Cables are the expense the consumer has been given to cover. The logistics of putting all the extras in every box has become too expensive.

Yet all Samsung monitors seem to come with DVI and VGA cables, even though some other brands do not... :)

Seems to really depend on the company. I'd pay a few bucks more if it meant I didn't have to frig around. It would be nice if Dish Network offered the option when you use DIU via shipping to have a HDMI cable for a couple bucks. I would've paid up to 15 bucks just to not have to go out to Sams Club.

Yet all Samsung monitors seem to come with DVI and VGA cables, even though some other brands do not... :)

That's part of being the number 2, maybe number 1 company in displays. Sony has the video processing technology but they license their display technology from Samsung!

Dell still packs all the cables in their monitors as well, including a USB A-B cable for the UltraSharp monitors that come with a USB hub built into them.

I've never been that impressed with Sony LCDs either. Then again I've always thought their TVs were garbage, expensive garbage..

Remember the days where toys came with batteries? Oh those were the days. Though, remote controls still seem to come with them.. For now. :)

EDIT: Does DirecTV provide HDMI cables with their units still? I think I read somewhere that after a certain manuf. date they don't. Do the cable cos provide a HDMI cable for their HD STBs? I dropped cable here before they offered HD so I don't know.

I've never been that impressed with Sony LCDs either. Then again I've always thought their TVs were garbage, expensive garbage..

Remember the days where toys came with batteries? Oh those were the days. Though, remote controls still seem to come with them.. For now. :)

EDIT: Does DirecTV provide HDMI cables with their units still? I think I read somewhere that after a certain manuf. date they don't. Do the cable cos provide a HDMI cable for their HD STBs? I dropped cable here before they offered HD so I don't know.

When I had my Comcast box, they included component and audio cables.

When I had my Comcast box, they included component and audio cables.

Did it have HDMI as well? If so, did they include a cable for that?

I do think at least component cables would be nice to see, since at least it'd mean people can plug the thing in and use it. But they've stopped sending those too apparently with the DN boxes.

Does DirecTV provide HDMI cables with their units still? I think I read somewhere that after a certain manuf. date they don't. Do the cable cos provide a HDMI cable for their HD STBs? I dropped cable here before they offered HD so I don't know.
dtv does include all wires just got hr20 yesterday with composite component svideo and hdmi cables all included
*ISH YOU CHEAP SOB'S!

Did it have HDMI as well? If so, did they include a cable for that?

I do think at least component cables would be nice to see, since at least it'd mean people can plug the thing in and use it. But they've stopped sending those too apparently with the DN boxes.

The box had an HDMI connection but no cable was included. I was able to find an inexpensive cable at PCH Cables which is just up the street from me. They also have right angle HDMI cables for those worried about damaging their HDMI port due to cable strain.

I just bought a Philips cable for ~35 bucks at Walmart in anticipation of my 722. They had a RCA for 37 and a Sony 'Playstation 3' HDMI cable for 40.. All were 6 feet.

I would take that Walmart one back and head over to www.monoprice.com. I've used them a bunch and they are great. Speedy shipping too. I ordered a couple of cables last week (1 HDMI and 1 long USB for a printer for my wife at work) and I got them in 2 days (ordered Thurs late afternoon and they arrived Saturday with the mail). Here is a 6 footer that I've used several times:
Only for $3.09 each when QTY 50+ purchased - HDMI Cable male to male 28AWG - 6ft w/Ferrite Cores (Gold Plated) | 28AWG HDMI Male to Male Cables

I would've gone that route but Monoprice is in CA, they're 5-6 days from here. If I wanted overnight, it would ultimately cost me more than just going and getting the Walmart cable.

I have nothing wrong with Monoprice in the least though. :)

Maine is the exact opposite side of the US compared to most of these places.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts