Reminder from Dish to Pay Your Bill?

Scroll

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
So out of the blue I received an email notice that my account billed. Except I knew I hadn't been subscribed to any Dish services for a while now for the reasons I have shared here previously.

So I went to check out my account and it of course just said my last payment was nearly a year ago and Current Programming: Dominion Sky Angel balance $0.00.

But this got me to thinking. When SA goes dark do they think I'll just automatically transition to a paid Dish account without so much as being solicited or given an incentive to do so?

I know some posters have speculated that Dish may come out with it's own "Faith Pak" sometime after 3/31. But I think more likely (just a guess) they "may" just add some of those channels to the Family Pak.

But I am curious as to why they suddenly decided to send me a billing email. I don't recall receiving one since I actually did have a paid subscription.

I got a phone call from Dish about 6-8 months ago - they left a message for me to call about my account. When I called, they immediately said it was a mistake.

Last edited:
When I recently logged into my Dish Network account (I have Sky Angel only), I noticed things were changed. "My Programming" now has Dominion Sky Angel listed for "Current Programming". "My Equipment" now has receiver/smart card info listed.
Looking at the Programming Guide on Dish Network's website it now lists all the Sky Angel channels, but they are not listed in any of the Programming Packages.
Never before was there ever any mention or hint of Sky Angel existing on their website or on my account information.
It doesn't make sense to update now after all these years, since Sky Angel is no longer going to exist anyway, does it?

~MYB~

As I understand it, you must have at least one programming package with Dish. Currently Dominion Programming (aka Sky Angel) counts as a programming package. Once Sky Angel goes dark you will be required to either pick a programming package like Dish Family or your service will be turned off. At least that was how it was explained to me by a Dish CSR.

Just to clarify, you will only have NASA, the Dish Info (101) channel and a few shopping channels if you don't sub.

However, one possibility not mentioned is that you CAN sub just local channels and/ or movie channels if you are willing to pay the access fee. I "might" consider that option to preserve my free Info Pak channels, but if the old SA channels are included in Dish Family on 119 & 110 I might reconsider that option. I likely won't subscribe, but I would at least re-think the option. Just so I don't need to use 61.5 anymore, which has caused me numerous technical problems for years.

Looking at the Programming Guide on Dish Network's website it now lists all the Sky Angel channels, but they are not listed in any of the Programming Packages.

Never before was there ever any mention or hint of Sky Angel existing on their website or on my account information.
It doesn't make sense to update now after all these years, since Sky Angel is no longer going to exist anyway, does it?

~MYB~

I just went there and only saw Daystar, TBN, AngelOne, and EWTN listed by packages, as you said. Then I looked at the programming guide for my zip code and sure enough! there were the SA channels listed. Curious.

Now if these channels continue to be received from 61.5 then I wonder if that bird is as near dead as Dominion claimed it was?

I disconnected 61.5 and have no interest in using it. So it would actually make me consider the Family Pak if those SA channels will be transfered to 119 & 110.

I don't think Dish will have a new Faith Pack, but they might add a few Christian channels to their other packages. We went with DirecTV and it's possible they could add some Christian channels, also since SA will be out of the picture.

Well the one good thing is that because I live in Tampa Bay I get most of the Angel2 programming OTA and the Worship Network is available with a digital tuner.

Technically DayStar & TBN are OTA as well but their analog signal is too weak and they've not gone digital yet.

I miss the radio channels though. :(

What I plan to do

I have already decided to go FTA with a whole new setup. I almost went with GloryStar but decided to do it more generic. I have a DirecPC my brother gave me and I just purchase a Fortec Star Mercury II.

Anyway, I want to repoint to 119W and get NASA and Angel One FTA with my single LNB DISH.

This should work fairly painlessly.

I already had a dish pointed at 119 and I wouldn't say it was entirely painless, but mostly because it was all new to me. Works great now!

So were I you I think I'd do that first just to get used to playing around with the FTA receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)