Which router to buy

tmp777

Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
My computer is in my bedroom and the TV I am putting my IPTV box on is in the living room so I guess I need a wireless router. It isn't far distance (about 25 feet) and is on the same floor. Any suggestions as to what type of router I need, I am clueless... thanks!

Below is a listing straight off of the SA website. I'm not sure how much cable was sent with the STB but you if you can find 25+ feet of cat 5 cable -might be cheaper than buying a new router.

Q17. Are there some wireless routers that may not work with the Sky Angel IPTV service?

A17. Yes, the following routers have had difficulty working with a NeuLion STB, which is the STB Sky Angel uses. If you have one of these routers, be advised it may not work. However, you should go forward with your purchase and try, if it does not work, purchase a router that will.

• SMC 7004VWBR
• D-Link DI-704
• D-Link DGL 4300
• Netgear MR814
• Netgear CG814WG (Gateway)

My computer is in my bedroom and the TV I am putting my IPTV box on is in the living room so I guess I need a wireless router. It isn't far distance (about 25 feet) and is on the same floor. Any suggestions as to what type of router I need, I am clueless... thanks!

I use a Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Broadband Router which can be purchased at Wal Mart or Radio Shack for less that $50.00. It seems to work well and very easy to set up.

Jeff

I would suggest a router that has QoS technology so you can prioritize network traffic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts