Remote 2 probs with 625 and 322

memory

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
working usually
I am a installer and i installed a 625 and 322 and fo rthe life of me I cant get the tv 2 remotes to work for anything they will work for a very short period of time and then nothing and the only way I have gotten them to work is to extend the antenna into the same room with the tv has anyone else had this prob and I have exchanged the recievers and everything:confused:

If not, just unplug one receiver. Then go to the other receiver and hit Menu, 6, 1, 3 and it should be on the system info screen. Then take the tv2 remote for that receiver and hold down the sat button up top until all the lights at the top of the remote light up, let go, type a two digit number like 13, hit #, then record until you see the remote address for tv2 on the screen turn to that two digit number you typed in. If you changed the remote address already, have you tried putting the attenuater on the antenna for either receiver?

I have run itno this problem at homes with additions outside the original masonry and mobile homes with additions outside the original siding. Had to remote the antenna.

This past sunday, I had a 625 with TV1 running 4 TV's. TV 2 was outside the original masonry of the structure and the remote would not work past the threshold. I installed a 4 way splitter behind the receiver, with jumpers to TV1 out and the UHFAnt jack, and another splitter behind the 4th TV which was in the room adjacent to the addition. Got enough range on the remote for it to work from the customer's bed, though it wouldn't work from directly in front of her TV. Left her an extension and directions on how to move that antenna into her room if she felt it necessary.

I wonder if you can run a similar setup with the ant signal running throug the diplexers? I would have tried it at this customer's house, but TV2 was no joy to work on.

Myself, I have run accross several 322's that WOULD not work with the UHF remote. They wouldn't even readdress. One even had a TV1 remote that wouldn't readdress. Now, that is aggravating (not to mention, its sort of embarrassing).

Edit:

What do you know. Had one that wouldn't work today AND another one that I had to remote the UHF ant. on. So, I tried the UHF ran through the diplexers, and it worked. Now I gotta stock up on splitters because I am fresh out.

Last edited: