Remote access problems

Don_S

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
I have had my 622 connected to my home network for quite some time now, but never used the remote access feature until now. I just tried remote access and when it loads, the "myDVR" tab is grayed-out. I have checked the setup menu on the 622 and have confirmed that it IS properly hooked-up to the network and it IS obtaining an IP address from my router. I have tried the "reset connection" under network setup to release and re-obtain an IP address, but still no cigar :confused: Any ideas?

I noticed the same thing is happening here today. Both dvrs (622 and 612). I reset connections on both, rebooted both, reset my router, and reset my dsl modem. Dish Remote Access still says both are not connected. Both definitely have network connections and are pingable.

I was fixing to start a new thread on this same topic. I have a 722 and a 622. Both are plugged into the internet and I can download stuff on demand from either one. I can also unplug the 722 and plug the same network wire into my blu-ray and watch netflix. I can also plug the same network wire that is plugged into the 622 into my computer and it works so that confirms to me that they are both online. When I go to Dish network remote access though only the 622 shows up as online the 722 does not. I can set the 622 to record from the internet but not the 722 because it is "not online" according to remote access. Anyone got any ideas?

Wonder if it's a problem with 722. That's what I have it's online (if you go go menu 6, menu 1, menu 9, menu 1) I can dish online too. Wonder if there something in the software that doesn't work with dish remote. Any one else with this problem besides a 722?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dish I guess is aware of the problem. This is what the chat I had today went.

lease wait while we find a representative to assist you. In order to ensure we are providing you with the highest level of customer satisfaction, this conversation will be recorded.

Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided
(04-23tu) James W. 9ZP: I do apologize about the inconvenience and would be happy to help you today.
(04-23tu) James W. 9ZP: At this time there have been reports of issues with the website.
(04-23tu) James W. 9ZP: Have you tried the steps it advises to try when you try to access the DVR tab?
Andrew : I wasn't sure because the iphone app and the website doesn't work. Yes then I got it working and now the past 4 days it won't work again.
(04-23tu) James W. 9ZP: There have been intermittent issues with it. I have had the same issue with mine as well.
Andrew : Ok just wanted to make sure it just wasn't my hook up
(04-23tu) James W. 9ZP: You can contact the webmaster and inform them that you specifically are seeing this issue.
(04-23tu) James W. 9ZP: Would you like the contact information for the webmaster?
Andrew : ok thanks for your time.
Andrew : yes
(04-23tu) James W. 9ZP: You can notify our Webmaster from DISH Network - Contact Us By Email - 1.888.825.2557 and entering Webmaster as the category.
(04-23tu) James W. 9ZP: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
Andrew : no not tonight. thanks
(04-23tu) James W. 9ZP: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network and have a great day!
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

I had the same problems...

Up until last night it was actually working well for me on my two 622's.

Has anyone been able to get the "nickname" function to work for them? I don't remember which receiver number goes to which room and it would be nice to be able to give them separate names.

Up until last night it was actually working well for me on my two 622's.

Has anyone been able to get the "nickname" function to work for them? I don't remember which receiver number goes to which room and it would be nice to be able to give them separate names.

Always worked fine for my two 622's also except for several weeks ago when it was spotty for a couple days.

Nickname function has worked fine for me, no issues at all. What problem are you having?

Hi all. Trying to get my 722 connected via WiFi. Can I use a USB wireless network adapter to do this or do I need something else?

Thanks

Hi all. Trying to get my 722 connected via WiFi. Can I use a USB wireless network adapter to do this or do I need something else?
Something else. The firmware doesn't exist in these receivers to drive a USB wireless dongle. You can get something like a wireless gaming adapter to plug into the 722's Ethernet jack, or else a HomePlug powerline adapter to plug into your wireless router.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts