Remote (Aux mode)?

The Dish User Manual tells you to try codes and search them by trying to Power Off your receiver. I found out that the Onkyo codes they list don't Power Off my Onkyo receiver, but they do Power it On, Control Volume, and Muting. So if you are searching, you might want to try and Power On instead of Power Off.

This also works for my Harman Kardon AVR 510, using the listed code (672). Thank you, Building.

Hello,

Ok I just found this thread and I too an Onkyo HT-S790 and just got my VIP 722 and in aux (followed the programming with doing the 2 in front of the codes and did the scan mode at work and don't remember all steps but did do what most typically forget) I can turn on my audio system and adjust the volume but it won't let me turn it off just like building!!!! I have to get my Onkyo controller to turn it off!!! Does anyone know if there's a code that works to turn it off?

FYI I'm coming from an 522 DVR and the remote for it did the same thing. I was hoping that with the updated remotes there may be a way?

Thanks,

J

I have a Yamaha HTR-5550 and the 622 remote works on/off (one button), volume, input and will screw up the surround settings but can't fix them without the regular remote. Can tune radio stations and cycle through some DD settings.

I only really use the power and volume. The remote is set to work the Yamaha volume by default.

See ya
Tony

yeah I just want to use it to turn it on and off and adjust the volume and that's it and I have to keep the onkyo remote close at all times to turn it off and it's a minor pain :(

yeah I just want to use it to turn it on and off and adjust the volume and that's it and I have to keep the onkyo remote close at all times to turn it off and it's a minor pain :(

Code 2-642 works on my Onkyo674, but will not turn it off, but does change some inputs. Best thing you could do it buy a Harmony remote.

Works with m Yamaha RXN600, but will only turn it off, not on because the Yamaha remote has two buttons, standby and main on. Volume is all I really use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)