Remote Codes not working

Status
Please reply by conversation.

digideal

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 25, 2004
can't find answer on D* website nor here - so help if you can, please.

Have Sony audio receiver STR-DE685, the supplied codes from the remote setup menu do not work. Does anyone have a list of other codes that might do the trick? The success of introducing the wifey to Tivo and HD is dependent on the ease of the remote! Gotta love women.

Thanks for assistance!

Why would the Tivo DVR have the on screen menus to prompt you to do this? Very strange. Thanks for the one reply - I'm surprised more people did not have a say in this!

Your alternate is to get a UNIVERSAL REMOTE to operate both the receiver and the Sony audio receiver, if you want 1 remote to control it all.

The Tate said:
Tivo remotes don't have AV1 or AV2. Just TV or receiver.

AV1 and AV2 are what sony calls their remote codesets, I'm not speaking of video inputs. The only sony codes in all tivo remotes are for receivers set to AV1 codeset. Sony receiver released in the last 3 years have been set to av2 from the factory, if you're lucky your receiver can be set to the old codeset Av1, the thread I linked are instructions on how to switch the receivers and if possible the oem remote. Some receivers can be switched, but their remotes can not, its up to the owner to chose what remote, oem or tivo?

I been helping people on this subject for many years:
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-sonytech/thread.cgi?649

Last edited:
Yes, if you wish you can power on both Tv and AUd rec with Tv power key, also control the Aud rec vol with Vol keys. This is with SAT /TV switch set to SAT. Switching to Tv position, you control Tv channels. This how program the remote:

1. press and hold DTV & TV POWER until the light remains on, enter TV code
2. press and hold DTV & MUTE, enter AUD rec code
3. press and hold DTV & TV POWER, enter AUD rec code again

Edmund said:
Yes, if you wish you can power on both Tv and AUd rec with Tv power key, also control the Aud rec vol with Vol keys. This is with SAT /TV switch set to SAT. Switching to Tv position, you control Tv channels. This how program the remote:

1. press and hold DTV & TV POWER until the light remains on, enter TV code
2. press and hold DTV & MUTE, enter AUD rec code
3. press and hold DTV & T POWER, ener AUD rec code again

:up

My learning of the day.

Which brings me back to square one - The *&%$ing codes don't work! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)