Remote Control and brand of TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Proc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
Motown
I have an Olevia Syntax TV. The thing has been great and has a wonderful picture. The only thing that bothers me is that the D* remote I have (with the H10, the standard remote) doesn't recognize this brand, thus forcing me into a separate remote to turn the TV on, increase/decrease the volume, etc.

Yes, I am lazy in this regard. It would be nice to have it all on on remote.

Is there a remote you can recommend that will control this TV and work with the D* H10?

I've had great success with Logitech/Harmony.

The remotes download codes from the harmony website, which is constantly updated. They also learn codes from existing remotes.

I've had a couple of instances where pre-programmed codes were unavailable; and cases where there were timing issues in programmed sequences. They work with you to resolve the issue without regard to the age of your remote.

Just last week I replaced a TV and had a timing issue. They spent over an hour working the problem with me over the phone until it was resolved.

Proc said:
I have an Olevia Syntax TV. The thing has been great and has a wonderful picture. The only thing that bothers me is that the D* remote I have (with the H10, the standard remote) doesn't recognize this brand, thus forcing me into a separate remote to turn the TV on, increase/decrease the volume, etc.
Yes, I am lazy in this regard. It would be nice to have it all on on remote.
Is there a remote you can recommend that will control this TV and work with the D* H10?

I have a Universal MX-500 that works great. It can learn the codes for your tv.

Chip

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)