Remote control AUX in cabinet

Wiebeezy

Original poster
Oct 7, 2016
Houston
While using the Dish Anywhere App on my phone, I noticed that it can control my AUX receiver. The AUX receiver is not connected to the Internet and located in a cabinet. So, somehow the app goes through the Internet to the Dish receiver and the receiver then somehow issues an IR blast to control the AUX receiever.

When I use the Dish 40.0 UHF remote, I can not control the AUX receiver while in the cabinet but it can control the Dish Receiver that is in a cabinet, out of line of sight. Is it possible to make the remote work like the app and control the Aux receiver in the cabinet?

Then how is the Dish Anywhere app controlling my audio receiver?? It's connected only to the tv via Optical cable.

If that's the case then how can I get the remote to do the same? The remote can also control the Dish receiver when it's in the cabinet. I want it to also control the audio receiver in the cabinet

YES they do! Every receiver upto and including the H2 not sure about the H3.
Doh! You're right of course. I had completely forgot that Dish boxes do indeed blast IR during remote setup. I never tested to see what other circumstances the IR blaster was being used.

Perhaps the OP could watch the IR window through a digital camera and see if it is indeed blasting when changing volume via the app. That would solve the mystery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)