Remote Control Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blackcat1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
Springfield Missouri
Last week I switched from Dish Network to DirecTV and had 2 HR24/200 receivers installed. My problem is that I can't get either remote control to turn on and off my TV's at the same time as my DirecTV receivers. I know the remote controls will turn my TV's on and off by switching the mode switch to "TV" and then pushing the "PWR" button but I can't just push the "ON" or "OFF" buttons and have both receiver and TV turn on or off. The remote control units are model RC65RX and one of my TV's is a Toshiba and the other is a Samsung.

Last week I switched from Dish Network to DirecTV and had 2 HR24/200 receivers installed. My problem is that I can't get either remote control to turn on and off my TV's at the same time as my DirecTV receivers. I know the remote controls will turn my TV's on and off by switching the mode switch to "TV" and then pushing the "PWR" button but I can't just push the "ON" or "OFF" buttons and have both receiver and TV turn on or off. The remote control units are model RC65RX and one of my TV's is a Toshiba and the other is a Samsung.

You more than likely are just using the wrong code, rerun the remote codes and use a different code... the first one that works is not always the best one.

For the Toshiba try code 12006, when it comes to samsung tv's what dictates the code you use is repeating volume commands, and the only two samsung codes that have that are 10702 & 10812.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)