Remote Control Replacement

sundaddy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Where is the best place to get a 722 replacement remote and what do I do to get it to jive with my DVR.

Just call Dish and tell them you want to get a replacement remote. If you are still under the protection plan they may be able to send you another remote if the remote is defective.
If you are not under any types of warranty, Then ebay would be the cheapest.
To get it to "jive" with your DVR, It should already work with your DVR but if you meant VCR, Then press and hold the VCR button (clear button at the top) until the lights light up then press the up button repeatedly until the VCR turns off then press the pound # button.

I have a few extra 722 remotes laying around from upgrades if you can't find any.

No. Call Dish and request a 21.0 remote. They're $20, if they charge you at all, and it's a learning remote, so if it doesn't have a good code, just teach it. They might give you some crap about the 21.0 not being designed to work with the 722, and there are a couple of differences, but they're pretty minor.

If you do not have the DHPP, call Dish and request it. Then tell them that your remote is not working. They will want to troubleshoot. Humor them. They will then send you out another remote free of charge. After they have completed the RA for the remote, tell them you would like to cancel the DHPP. Free remote.

And they may not require you to return the defective remote because it costs Dish more to pay the postage for you to return it. If you do not have DHPP they may charge postage to send you the remote. They will enclose a not telling you to return OR NOT return the remote.

It should be free of charge if you have an account with no problems or past disputes. If you have DHPP it will be absolutely free no shipping charges, either. IMHO, DHPP is worth every penney.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)