Remote control situation on VIP722

freeman543

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
us
I have the VIP722 and have three remotes now ( just got the third one ) Remote 1 operates the HD side, remote 2 operates SD side ( second TV ) . On the second TV side I have two TV’s hook up ( mirror ) and just bring the remote from one room to the next as I want to watch either of those 2 TV’s . Now with the third remote I want to have a remote in each room. Ok now the problem, When I went to program the 3rd remote to the second TV’s side it changed the remote number on the screen from 6 to 4. making the original remote for that side inoperable. I have the same tabs inserted in the remotes ( blue 2 uhf pro ) . I have other tabs. Is it possible to get the same number on the screen if I mix up the tabs? I figured with the same tab I would get the same number for side 2.

If you are happy with your first TV2 remote settings, then don't change them on the receiver! Just duplicate the channel number on the 3rd remote.

If you are happy with your first TV2 remote settings, then don't change them on the receiver! Just duplicate the channel number on the 3rd remote.

Not sure we're on the same page. How? When I hit the record button on the new 3rd remote to program it, the onscreen number changes to a different number making the 2 remote inoperable, can I physically change that number to whatever I want and how? . Thanks.

Hold the sat button till all the mode buttons light up and blink, then select whatever number you want the remote set to then press the pound key. So in other words take the remote that is different and set it to whatever remote channel is showing on the setup screen, the process you are using will change the remote and the receiver.

Hold the sat button till all the mode buttons light up and blink, then select whatever number you want the remote set to then press the pound key. So in other words take the remote that is different and set it to whatever remote channel is showing on the setup screen, the process you are using will change the remote and the receiver.

Thanks, worked perfect........now any secrets on programming the tv to the remote.....this tv is the one where you have to hit the up button for 10 minutes before it finds the right signal to program it. Remember the other remote turns on both rooms tv's. One tv is an orion and the other has a "D" on the front but both must be the same signal because the other remote turns on both tv's. . thanks for the other instructions.

On the remote that controls both TV's: Press the TV button until all the buttons blink now press the # button twice then count the blinks. There will be three groups and 10 blinks = zero. now take the three digit number you just got and using osu1991s instructions use the TV key instead of the sat key and enter the number.

Hold the tv button till it blinks then press the pound key twice. The tv button will start blinking out whatever code is stored in the remote. Count the blinks, it will pause briefly between numbers. It's been a while, but I think 1 and 0 are the same one blink, so if you have a 1 in your code and it doesn't work reenter it with a 0 instead.

Hold the tv button till it blinks then press the pound key twice. The tv button will start blinking out whatever code is stored in the remote. Count the blinks, it will pause briefly between numbers. It's been a while, but I think 1 and 0 are the same one blink, so if you have a 1 in your code and it doesn't work reenter it with a 0 instead.

Thanks osu1991 and n0qcu and the others.....You guys are good, and fast, this one took me a couple times, code was 721, so I tried 720 on the last time and it worked. I tried 721 3 times but it just went back to the original code. Thanks for taking the time I appreciate it. I printed the info so I don't have to bug you 3 months for now. My son will be happy now because he wont have to carry the remote back and forth from the kitchen to his bedroom.

By the way the installer gave up when he tried to find this TV and told me some TV’s don’t work with this remote. It took me 10 to 15 minutes with the up arrow when I finally found it a year ago

Thanks boba, or i can just get the help here, its been 2 years since i have seen my instruction books on this. I did read the instructions with the remote but maybe i missed it, sorry to take up all your time. These forums are to help people out to save some time, some people here didn't mind giving me their time. Sorry if i misunderstood your post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts