Are there any channels moving satellites soon?

korereactor

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
I seem to remember reading at one point that a some channels were moving to a different satellite. Here's what I am currently pointing at:
119, 110, 129, 61.5. I have the Top 200 package (HD), no premiums. Do I need to do anything? Last time this happened I went months being pointed at the wrong sat and nobody ever notified me - I found out in this forum. I was paying for channels I wasn't even getting anymore and didn't know it (OK, so I didn't watch those particular channels much - but not the point). Why doesn't Dish notify anyone of this? How would the average user ever find out??

I guess you'll see a post from me in here every month - did one move yet, did one move yet, did one move yet? My God what has happened to Satellite TV these days - even DirecTV is bad. I remember when sat was cool. So sad.

Note: I'm in Texas.

Last edited:
The only thing that I can think of that you may be referring to is that Dish Network was moving quite a bit of HD from 61.5 to 72 on the Eastern Arc. This would not effect you since you are on WA.

wasn't welcome and family discontinued????

Remote control situation on VIP722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)