Remote Control to Control 2 TVS

js0873

Original poster
Jun 21, 2021
TX
I'll have 2 TVs on an HDMI splitter, so they're both receiving the same exact dish signal from a Hopper 2. Can my 40.0 remote control be set up to power on/off 2 different TVs? They're different brands, and one is perpendicular to the other in a 20 foot long room. Is that possible?

I'll have 2 TVs on an HDMI splitter, so they're both receiving the same exact dish signal from a Hopper 2. Can my 40.0 remote control be set up to power on/off 2 different TVs? They're different brands, and one is perpendicular to the other in a 20 foot long room. Is that possible?
Unfortunately no, you can only program a single TV into the remote. You will need to use one of those TV's remotes to power on that TV and do volume control.

Well, sort of.

You can set the auxiliary device to be a TV, and go through the pairing process with your secondary set. You will also have to disable limited mode and switch between the SAT/TV/AUX mode depending on the device you want to control, so changing volume wont be as seamless since you can only chose between TV and AUX volume controls while in SAT mode.

I have a similiar set up. Two tvs on each side of the wall in my basement. I use the smaller room as an exercise room. Dish remote will replace only one tv remote.
Ethan's idea should work in theory. But, it may be too cumbersome to operate two tvs with one remote. In my case, I just grab the dish remote and go to my exercise room, and use it to operate Hopper 3 and tv's remote for tv.
Remotes are cheap. You can get another Dish remote and program it for the second tv assuming the second tv is not too far from Hopper.

The best solution is a remote for each TV. I have a RF modulator connected to my primary Hopper 3 that sends signal to my home distribution spliter that goes to bunches of TVs in my home. All of the distant TVs have their own remote. My main Hopper 3 has eight remotes paired to it. Five 40.0s and three 54.0s.

Reactions: chainblu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts