Remote controlling 2 boxes problem

larlane

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2007
Hi

I have a VIP 622 downstairs hooked to one HD TV. It is on single mode. I only use remote # 1 (actually a Harmony 880) to control it.

Upstairs I have a 625 that feeds two TVs. I use remote 1 and remote 2 in two separate rooms.

My problem is that when someone is watching the TV with remote #2 on the 625, it also controls the VIP 622 downstairs. This is obviously very annoying when someone pauses, changes channels upstairs on the 625 and it also does the same on the downstairs TV thing downstairs.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Changing address.

How do I do this?

In the manual, there is a section on how to change the remote address. Follow the procedure on one of your systems. If your 622 is only controling one TV then I would change that one to something other than the default of "address 1". You may have to change the primary and secondary addresses per the procedure because you are using Remote "2" on your other receiver. It is UHF and is probably the one giving you the trouble.
Gerry

You could also just remove the UHF antenna behind the 622.

If you don't have your manual to change remote address on 625, goto _TV1_ go into system info Menu 6-1-3

Take the tv2 remote now and hold down SAT until all lights light up, hit 5# record, record, record (you'll see remote address in lower right corner change to 5)

This will change it to remote address 5.

I don't wanna offend anyone either and maybe I'm a jerk but....................

It just bugs me that it seems like more often than not, somebody asks for help and when somebody responds I never see so much as a simple "Thanks".:rolleyes:

Just call me Mr. Sensitive.

Ed

Thanks to (almost) all who responded

The problem was solved.

I agree that a 'thanks" is in order. I thought I had put in my usual forum "thanks in advance for any help " in my original post, but I noticed that it was omitted.