remote for 811's

wwrockyou1

Original poster
Dec 5, 2004
Help, is anyone aware of a remote not working problem? I have 2 811's and the remotes both work on one rcvr but neither works on the other. I have gone into system info to change the remote address #, but it will not take, thanks for your help.

I have 2 811's also but never experienced any issues like that. I have heard of these remotes going bad, but never the receiver not responding to a good remote.

Obvious things first, confirm SAT button lights up on remote as buttons being pushed, confirm 811 power on, change batteries, confirm remote & receiver address. That is about all I can think of.

I had trouble with my 811-UHF remote with interference. I picked up a replacement 522-IR remote to use with my 811 & it solved my problem.
You can pick up a replacement UHF on ebay for under $10, or a replacement 511 IR that will work on an 811.

The uhf remote does not work for me under any circumstances and the uhf antenna is attached. Didn't work with rcvr in the same room for testing, even!

wwrockyou1 said:
Help, is anyone aware of a remote not working problem? I have 2 811's and the remotes both work on one rcvr but neither works on the other. I have gone into system info to change the remote address #, but it will not take, thanks for your help.

I don't have a 811 yet' But one is on the FedEx truck due to be Del. to me today. :)
But if both remotes work on one rcvr. that tells me that the remotes & batt. are fine.
You need to check the rcvr. settings maybe you have IR instead of UHF or visa versa, if the rcvr. (not working one) and remote is IR make sure nothing is blocking the path this may sound dumb but you will be surprised what can block a IR sig.
Let us know what it is
Hope it is not a bad rcvr.

philhu said:
The uhf remote does not work for me under any circumstances and the uhf antenna is attached. Didn't work with rcvr in the same room for testing, even!
I made a mistake when I first got my 811, and I put the antenna on the RF/Cable input port. I couldn't do squat with the remote until I moved the antenna to the right connector.

RE: 811 I am trying to program the operation code into my universal remote. The only listing I can find is Echostar 04. Can't get it to work. Does anyone know the remote code for the current 811 remote?

(EDIT: Yes, I found it. the remote code for the 811 WAS 04 for my Universal remote. Just wasn't working it right. As Emily Latella would say......." :eek: nevermind!"

never mind. I woke up this AM and the upstairs 811 rcvr was not getting audi, frustrated I swapped the 811 from downstairs to up and vice versa and now they both work and so do the remotes. GO figure?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts