Remote lease fee?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JosephB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Atlanta
I'm looking to order a backlit remote and a powerline ethernet adapter kit from DirecTV, and when I add the remote it gives me the cost ($25..half what Best Buy is charging by the way) and then it lists a $5 lease fee. Are they a) not selling me the remote and b) going to charge me $5 a month for it?

Last I checked DirecTV wasn't a cable co. so I have no reason to believe that they will charge you a monthly lease fee for your remote. I would more likely believe that it is an error by the computer and/or that when the person who entered one of those two items into the computer for sale just edited the template for a receiver and accidentally left the lease fee on there.

If DirecTV had started charging a $5 a month lease fee for remote controls it would be headline news on here by now.

Just my thoughts on this issue for you... If you order it and your next bill has a $5 lease fee on it, call customer service.

It's not just on the product information page, it actually shows up in the shopping cart at the bottom. Regardless, I think I'm going to have to call. I just had the account setup & activated yesterday, and when I tried to go through with the order it gives me a generic error message and tells me to call in.

($25..half what Best Buy is charging by the way) and then it lists a $5 lease fee. Are they a) not selling me the remote and b) going to charge me $5 a month for it?

Maybe that is why it's half of what Best Buy is charging.:p I was thinking about getting one as well, so let us know what D* says!

I just bought 1 on ebay for 15.00 and it comes from a D* retailer.Just look for remote RC64RB the back lit remote is great and it worth whatever u pay for it.

Don't sweat it, every purchase is treated like a receiver purchase, you will even get a email welcoming you to directv. Nothing comes of it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts