Remote Problem

jlabell

Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
Teutopolis
I have a Dish Network DP508 receiver that I can't program for the stereo receiver (tuner). Specifically, I can't get the remote to recognize my new Pioneer VSX-929 receiver. I have tried all the codes listed in the manual for the 508. I can't get it to recognize the Pioneer using the "learned procedure" either. The remote worked perfectly with my old tune (different brand). Also no problem with my new flat panel TV. Would appreciate any help.

I believe it can still work, regardless of the remote.

Programming in Aux Mode can be tricky, which I assume is what you are doing. It requires a 4-digit number and not the typical 3. Try the codes listed again for the old remote, but enter the number "2" before any code. See if that helps.

In case someone who has not programmed a remote to another device via AUX,
Hold Aux till the other 3 modes light up, then release. Enter code, with "designation" number first (0 for TV, 1 for VCR/DVD, or 2 for anything else) and then the code listed for the brand/type of device. Then press the # button. Remote should flash 3 times. Attempt to operate the device. If you are checking volume, it may default to TV volume.

To change the default volume changing to AUX (Enable):

1. Press and hold AUX mode button until all mode buttons light up
  2. Press #
  3. Press VOLUME UP
  4. Press 0
  5. Press #
To change it back to TV volume default (DISABLE):

1. Press and hold TV mode button until all mode buttons light up
  2. Press #
  3. Press VOLUME UP
  4. Press 0
  5. Press #

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)