Remote Programming for AV Receiver

HobbyTalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
SW Florida
Arrrrg, having problems programming my remote for my A/V receiver. I've searched here and even the Dish site but just can't seem to get it. I have Hopper and an Onkyo receiver. The remote is a 40.

When I press and hold the AUX button all 4 buttons light up. I then press 2 (according to the Dish site this sets it up for AUX) then the code, then #. With each number & # button press the AUX button lights up, but I never get the 3 flashes that says it took the programming.

Any tips? Codes I've tried are

785 671 788 838 790 791

A 40.0 is a Hopper remote. To set up AUX or TV codes with a Hopper go to the remote section from the Menu/Settings/Remote Manager and program the remote there.

That procedure is for a 21 or under remote . The 40 remote is programmed through the Hopper. Go to menu, settings, remote manager then Aux code. From there follow the on screen instructions

Haha, put in Swing (Silver Wing) instead of Hopper. That's what happens when you try to do something right after coming back from a ride, the old mind was still enjoying the ride ;)

Anyways, I did get the AV programmed. Is there a way for the remote to use the AV for volume instead of the TV without having to press the AUX button?

Thanks everyone for the help!

OK, got that figured out now. I wasn't pressing SAVE enough times to back out from the remote programming screen. Sorry for the newbie questions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts