Remote replacement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
I just bought a nre Samsung LCD Smart TV. I would like to cut down on two many remotes and was wondering what remotes would be a good replacement. I need something that can work all the functions, or at least the majority of them on the Samsung as well as the remote functions off of my 622. Any suggestions? Thanks

Get a Dish 20.0 or 21.0 (IR + UHF) remote. It's a learning remote so some TV functions that are not included with the TV's programming code can be taught to it. It will already be able to handle all the 622's functions. And before anyone says differently, it will work with the 622. Readily available on eBay or from Dish. If you want spend more money, look at the Harmony remotes.

Thanks. I want the remote at least be able to switch from Dish functions to TV ones so Ii can access my antenna locals. Right now it will on/off and vol control but nothing else. How different is this 21.0 to my older remote?

The 21.0 remote is a learning remote, can do most any receiver/TV etc... Ebay - $11 and up.....

Thanks. I want the remote at least be able to switch from Dish functions to TV ones so Ii can access my antenna locals. Right now it will on/off and vol control but nothing else. How different is this 21.0 to my older remote?
Other than being black, four additional colored option buttons and learning capable...nearly identical.

Thanks again. I know with the Phillips plasma I just replaced the dish remote was able to learn most of the TV functions. I know with this new TV it has functions that the Dish remote probably can't learn such as the Smart features like Apps and such. N o big deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)