Remote stopped working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

max_jack

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2004
This morning, my remote control for the 811 just stopped working. Changed batteries - the remote still controls the TV - it will not control the 811. I am changing channels from the satellite receiver. Tried resetting, etc - any ideas? Thanks!

Thanks! Can you explain how I do that? I've lost my manual.....thanks!

I had this issue the other night after recieving the new firmware. I had to physcially power down the 811. When it came back on, i was then able to use the remote.

Not sure if this is an issue with the new firmware.

Paul

tech says this is a software problem they know about it mine does it to you have reprogram your remote ......hold sat button till all falsh then hit 11 then the star key then record button .........that should fix it

Several times I have had my box lock up on me on a OTA channel. The tv picture and audio is perfectly fine, but I can not change channels or go in the menu, the box just doesn't respond. But I have been able to hold the power button for 10 seconds to reboot and remote starts working again.

I have had the same problem with my 811 also. Tech support told me there is a software problem and they are working on it. This problem is now showing its ugly face once a day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)