Remote TV connections for VIP 922

ESA1178

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Sacramento, CA USA
As mentioned on the hopper forum ( bad post, asked to delete), I have 2 receivers that are supposed to send signal to 2 other TV's without receivers.
The cables were disconnected during a remodel. Now we have service on the 2 receivers physically connected to 2 TV's but not to the other 2 remotely.
MY question is: Do the other TV's need to be connected to the 2 cables coming from the dish through a splitter in order to get that signal?

Thanks!

Mark

How is your house wired? Do the cables from your dish go into a utility room? You should have a cable coming from the TV2 output of the receiver and going to the secondary TV. The are a few ways to accomplish this but I would need to know more info about your setup.

The TV2s must be connected by coaxial cable, but not directly from the dish. There should be a coaxial cable connected to the "HOME DIST" jack of the receivers. If there isn't, there used to be.

We need to know if there is a small device that looks like a splitter but is labeled either "diplexer" or "triplexer" behind the receiver. If not, there should be a coaxial cable running between the receiver and TV2.

Photos are likely to be an imperative at some point.

Always ask before something like this happens as opposed to after when the evidence of how things were hooked up has been destroyed. It is much easier to advise when you can see what we're talking about before it is all ripped apart.

Those are the diplexers (on the dish end).

The open leg of each diplexer needs to be connected to a coaxial cable that runs to the corresponding TV2. While they used to be connected, you're on your own to figure out where the coaxial cables got to and which coaxial cable goes to which TV2.

If the cables cannot be located or have been damaged/destroyed, you'll have to run new ones.

Dual Tuners Diplexed.pngI believe this is what you have and how it needs to be hooked up. I hope it's not to complicated to look at.

Thanks guys.
One TV is working now.. I have DISH on it. And the remote works fine.
But the other TV, when set to channel 60 is dark and the remote does not work....

Mark

Hi Lucky. I switched share to ON with one receiver and now I have channel changing dish on the other TV. No share option on the remaining receiver and the second TV mirrors if I change the channel, it changes on the other TV also.
Can I use a triple splitter and put both remote TV's on the one receiver?

Mark

Last edited:
Hi Lucky. I switched share to ON with one receiver and now I have channel changing dish on the other TV. No share option on the remaining receiver and the second TV mirrors if I change the channel, it changes on the other TV also. Can I use a triple splitter and put both remote TV's on the one receiver? Mark
Sounds like its in single mode. Hit the mode button on the 922 and set it to dual. Been a long time since I used a 922.

Thanks Sethwell. Front options do not respond to pressing... Mark
the capacitive touch controls are a bit wonky, at least on mine they were. Lightly press the power and it should illuminate all the buttons. Then press on or around the mode one until the dual light comes on underneath it.

If I press the power button 'lightly' the various options dim and then brighten each time. But still not active when pressed...
Works fine on the other VIP922...

:mad:

Mark

If I press the power button 'lightly' the various options dim and then brighten each time. But still not active when pressed... Works fine on the other VIP922... :mad: Mark
hmmm, like I said the capacitive touch is wonky. Sorry to hear that. Maybe just keep pressing and you will get lucky.

Have you done a red button reset or pulled the power cord reset? That might help, worth a shot.

Dish now working on all TV's.
One remote TV mirroring another receiver and can only change channel with that receivers remote and that receiver.
Progress at least..

Mark

Dish now working on all TV's.
One remote TV mirroring another receiver and can only change channel with that receivers remote and that receiver.
Progress at least..

Mark

Okay, more details? Are both receivers set to dual mode now?

When you say a remote TV is mirroring another receiver, are you saying that a TV2 (no box) is not changing channels with the #2 remote, and only changes when you change the receiver with the #1 remote? If so, turn TV2 off then back on, see what channel it is on. Normally, a TV2 will be on channel 60 or 73. I would guess, if the receiver is in dual mode, that the TV2 is on ch 62 or 75.

On the front of problem 922 can you tell whether it is in single or dual mode? (Orange light beside one box or two boxes).

If the front panel is not responding, it is either defective or just locked. Unlock is somewhere in settings menu, don't remember where.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts