Remote ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

thesmith7

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
Does anyone know if i can run two receivers off the same remote? Can one be set to run on the 'AUX' button? If so how. I have a 508 and a 301. Only one remote.
Thanks

I don’t think the “AUX” button can be programmed to control a receiver. I recall trying to do that years ago using my 508 remote, but without success. I’d like to be proven wrong, though. Maybe there's an undocumented solution

DISH provides the 501/508 instruction manual here.

In case you aren’t aware, the remote CAN control more than one receiver. I’ve used mine to control two 508’s for years. It’s an easy process that takes about 10 seconds:

Press and hold the SAT button until the top buttons blink
Enter the address of the “other” receiver, then press the "#" key
The SAT button will blink three times to confirm the change

It’s not as simple as using the AUX button, but it works.

yep its pretty easy.. change the remote addresses.. set one to say 5 then the other to 1.. (pick a number between 1 and 16)

then to control the one w/ the adress of 5 u hold sat till the lights light up, press 05 # then it will control that box

to control the other one, do the same but instead of 05 type 01 #

U BEAT ME TOO IT

Thanks!...i didn't think you could from the aux mode. But I never thought of changing the remote address. that will work just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)