removal of 10ft satellite in my backyard.

Janelegacy

Original poster
Jun 13, 2021
How do I get a satellite in my backyard removed. It was installed back in the 80's It is 10-12 feet across. I have photos as well

I took mine down a few years back and it was on a 42 ft tower. A handyman should be able to do it for you depending upon the way it was installed.

How do I get a satellite in my backyard removed. It was installed back in the 80's It is 10-12 feet across. I have photos as well
Have you been updated recently on what you can do with a 10' dish in 2021? You may be pleasantly surprised. As someone mentioned, post your approximate location and a member from this forum may be happy to remove it for no cost to you.

Please post photos.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I took mine down a few years back and it was on a 42 ft tower. A handyman should be able to do it for you depending upon the way it was installed.
You put a 10 footer on a 42 foot tower? I'd like to see photos of that and how you supported it.

Reactions: primestar31
You put a 10 footer on a 42 foot tower? I'd like to see photos of that and how you supported it.
I can't even imagine that one. How would you keep it up, with the sort of windload that would develop? Doesn't seem like any guy wires and such could ever be strong enough. If so, I'd think it would have cost a fortune to get installed originally.

It was on a Rhone 25 tower which is very substantial. There were two sets of three guy wires, one set at the top and one about 1/3 of the way down. It was installed around 1994, cost me about $2200 IIRC. I'll dig around and see if I can find any pictures.

One word, Sawzall. You can cut the pipe off at ground level, cut the frame in key places and fold it up the petals if they are thin sheet metal or mesh. Or offer it on Craig's List for free if they remove it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)