Remove Free Preview Banner Bravo

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
Is there any way to remove the free preview banner on the bottom part of the screen? It really annoys the heck out of me but not so much my wife. Is there anything that I can change in the settings MENU? I am not watching channel 291 I am on channel 5309 the HD Channel. I do subscribe to the channel I am not getting it as a free preview.

Is there any way to remove the free preview banner on the bottom part of the screen? It really annoys the heck out of me but not so much my wife. Is there anything that I can change in the settings MENU? I am not watching channel 291 I am on channel 5309 the HD Channel. I do subscribe to the channel I am not getting it as a free preview.

Menu-6-1-7 disable banner on my 625 or make a Favorites List.

Also, if you press GUIDE once more, the banner disappears and reveals the covered up channel on the grid. I admit to just pressing GUIDE one more time.

Guys, I don't have Bravo HD because I still have a 119/110/61.5 setup, so I can't be sure, but I don't think you're understanding the question. He didn't say anything about the ads in the guide, he's asking about a banner on the actual channel. At least, that's the way he wrote it, so I can only assume that that's the way he meant it.

Guys, I don't have Bravo HD because I still have a 119/110/61.5 setup, so I can't be sure, but I don't think you're understanding the question. He didn't say anything about the ads in the guide, he's asking about a banner on the actual channel. At least, that's the way he wrote it, so I can only assume that that's the way he meant it.

I have the same sat setup and i receive BravoHD as far as I know I have been receiving it all along. We definitely can't receive the "new HD's" that were launched back in Feb as you need a sat we can't see with this set up

Ross

You're right, I have it too. I thought it was one of the new additions. (Shows you how much I watch Bravo....) Also the first post said 291 rather than 129, I punched in 291 and got no channel... I hardly ever memorize channel numbers, I usually use the guide or more often, don't even watch anything that isn't a recording.

You're right, I have it too. I thought it was one of the new additions. (Shows you how much I watch Bravo....) Also the first post said 291 rather than 129, I punched in 291 and got no channel... I hardly ever memorize channel numbers, I usually use the guide or more often, don't even watch anything that isn't a recording.

I know 291 was gone this morning when I checked. The reason that I asked the question is because the banner was showing up on all on the Bravo channels both the SD and HD feed.After my first post is was told to check the MENU. I did notice in the Menu options that there where 2 boxes one on the left for enhancements and the one on the right was for banners. The right was disabled and the left was enabled. I disabled the one on the left, but have not been able to reproduce the same situation that happed last night.I hope that would fix the problem

Thanks Guys For The Help:up

Do we miss out on anything by disabling enhancements option?

As far as I know, the only thing you're missing is more ads.

And whatever the hell they call local weather on the weather channel, but I don't count that because it's about useless. If they ever do implement a decent local weather insert like cable subscribers get, then my next complaint is that they should just insert it directly like on cable, so we can avoid all the garbage that comes with having enhancements turned on!

I know 291 was gone this morning when I checked. The reason that I asked the question is because the banner was showing up on all on the Bravo channels both the SD and HD feed.After my first post is was told to check the MENU. I did notice in the Menu options that there where 2 boxes one on the left for enhancements and the one on the right was for banners. The right was disabled and the left was enabled. I disabled the one on the left, but have not been able to reproduce the same situation that happed last night.I hope that would fix the problem

Thanks Guys For The Help:up

Do we miss out on anything by disabling enhancements option?

Sometimes I see something that interest me more than the channel I am watching.Having enhancements enabled you can press select and go to that channel or advertisement.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)