Remove metal case without breaking "warranty seals"?

TalonDancer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
Can you remove the outer metal case and plastic face plates with breaking any "seals" that would void the warranty?

Background:
I just received a replacement Vip622. Of course the case is in much worse shape than the one it is replacing :( The right rear corner of the metal case is bent a little and top has a few scratches. The top of the plastic face plate is scuffed. I could live with it. But the one I have now is like new. So I'd like to swap just the outer metal case and plastic face plates before I return the busted 622.

Talon Dancer

Can you remove the outer metal case and plastic face plates with breaking any "seals" that would void the warranty?

Yes you can. The only seal is on the hard drive cage which you will not disturb changing the top and faceplate of the unit.

Yes you can. The only seal is on the hard drive cage which you will not disturb changing the top and faceplate of the unit.
Thanks. That's what I thought. But I didn't want to do something stupid just to get rid of a few minor blemishes.

Talon Dancer

Follow up: I swapped the metal case and plastic front piece before returning the 622 with the busted hard drive. Dish acknowledged receipt :)

Talon Dancer

Follow up: I swapped the metal case and plastic front piece before returning the 622 with the busted hard drive. Dish acknowledged receipt :)

Talon Dancer

Yup, I have done that many times when the replacement unit sent to me was worse than the unit I was replacing.

The only warranty seal you need to worry about is the hard drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)