Removed Movie Pass, lost “FREE” HD for life…now I need to make a new contract or repay the $100…NOT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Is this right, even if it was an accident?

• Yes

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 69.0%

• Total voters

getstuff4less

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
CA
First of all, please forgive my typing. I had surgery recently because of cancer and it is hard to type. Dish CS said I accidentally removed the free HD for life yesterday when I removed the blockbuster movie pass. I don’t know how this is even possible. I had HD Absolute and got free HD for life as part of the deal. Do they think I'm stupid and would purposely remove it, if I even could.

What can I do?

Thank You!

Dear XXXX,

This email confirms that your service has changed.

Please see details below.

Programming Added
(No Change)

Programming Removed
Movie Pass - 1st Disc
Movie Pass

If you have any outstanding discs at home, please return them as soon as possible to avoid being charged on your DISH Network account.

Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer.

All prices, packages, and programming subject to change without notice.

eof

Last edited:
No , I got changed over when everyone did. However, since I used to get it, HD free for life was a gift we got when it got removed. Even if someone is a new customer they would be mad if a simple box heck removes "FREE" HD for life.

On the serious side, I hope the surgery went well. And as we say on the condrosarcoma support site that I am a member of, that you remain a NERD. No Evidence of Recurrent Disease!

First of all, please forgive my typing. I had surgery recently because of cancer and it is hard to type. Dish CS said I accidentally removed the free HD for life yesterday when I removed the blockbuster movie pass. I don’t know how this is even possible. I had HD Absolute and got free HD for life as part of the deal. Do they think I'm stupid and would purposely remove it, if I even could.

What can I do?

Thank You!
I would like to assist you with the loss of your programming. Please PM me your account information and I will see what I can do to get your HD free for Life restored to your account. Thank you!

I think the only way that it would be fair ... is if upon a user making changes ... part of the confirmation before the real submission ...

"by making these changes, you will lose access to X" ... and then have a list of features that the user loses because of the augmentation. At that point the customer could cancel and not have their stuff messed with, and then they *could* get into Dish with a real person (or even Dish IRT) to get things done that don't harshly effect the customer.

Its one thing to add something and not have anything taken away, but when there's no clear understanding *outside* what actions will lead to what consequences.. its in total, an unfair system that only benefits Dish (yeah that's a standard Business Model, but one that doesn't have to be such a downer for the customer)

HD Free for life is a misnomer.. It's free for life as long as you meet the qualifications required by dish.. They need to loose the "For Life" part in the name..

As with any offer from any company. Of course there are some requirements, but it is for life if you meet them. Perfect example an ATT offer for double talk time minutes, for as long as you keep the plan. The requirements were there could be no changes to the plan. That plan had you pay double the cost of what later became newer plans for texting and had no provision to get MMS. With texting and MMS becoming so much more used, the double talk time became not so great, but you could keep it if you wanted to.

Another example, sometimes it becomes impossible to honor the free for life because of technology. In that case you are offered an alternative. I see the offer from Dish as no different than other offers of life plans. You can't reasonably expect there to be no conditions.

In the case of the OP, I think he should be able to retain the HD for life, I'm betting it's a glitch because it was tied to a now no longer offered plan. Then as so often happens he talked to a clueless, or worse not caring to find out the real answer, CSR.

CONTACT 1 OF THE DIRT TEAM MEMBERS ON HERE AND THEY WILL HELP YOU GET IT FIXED :)

As with any offer from any company. Of course there are some requirements, but it is for life if you meet them. Perfect example an ATT offer for double talk time minutes, for as long as you keep the plan. The requirements were there could be no changes to the plan. That plan had you pay double the cost of what later became newer plans for texting and had no provision to get MMS. With texting and MMS becoming so much more used, the double talk time became not so great, but you could keep it if you wanted to.

Another example, sometimes it becomes impossible to honor the free for life because of technology. In that case you are offered an alternative. I see the offer from Dish as no different than other offers of life plans. You can't reasonably expect there to be no conditions.

In the case of the OP, I think he should be able to retain the HD for life, I'm betting it's a glitch because it was tied to a now no longer offered plan. Then as so often happens he talked to a clueless, or worse not caring to find out the real answer, CSR.

Mary got it fixed within hours...GREAT Service. I'm surprised how many of you said, "YES." I bet if you paid the $100 already, and were in my situation, you'd change your tune.

I have the HD America pack, but my account says HDFree for LIfe. I pay for HD America and do not get it or expect it to be FREE for LIfe, but if I switched to one of the other packs, like America 200, I would expect my FREE HD to kick in.

I lost HD for life when I switched to Latino Dos. I forgot to tell them I wanted to switch to Latino Dos HD. *rolls eyes*

In any case, it did get fixed the same evening, but took much longer than it should have. That was pre-DIRT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)