Had to Cancel Dish Service ...

P

PundaSmith

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 28, 2010
Cherry Hill, NJ
Hello,

I have been a dish customer since March, 2011, on a 24 month contract. Unfortunately, due to a job loss (and changes in my immigration status), I would have to temporarily leave the US, until I can find a new employer.

What options do I have now, apart from paying the cancellation penalty - which now stands at about $300.00? Can DishNetwork waive this in any way?

Thanks for your assistance ... Punda

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
The only time I've seen it waived is for the military deployment but you have to send the papers to them

MattG@DISH

MattG@DISH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 30, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Hello,

I have been a dish customer since March, 2011, on a 24 month contract. Unfortunately, due to a job loss (and changes in my immigration status), I would have to temporarily leave the US, until I can find a new employer.

What options do I have now, apart from paying the cancellation penalty - which now stands at about $300.00? Can DishNetwork waive this in any way?

Thanks for your assistance ... Punda

Will you send me a PM with your phone number or account number? I'll see what can be done

gokartergo

gokartergo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 28, 2010
Ca
You can try and see if a friend or family member can buy your contract.. Transfer it over to them..