removing a SkyFi2 From the Boombox

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I must be doing it wrong. It can't be this hard. I have tried pressing near the top. I wind up forcing it out. There has to be something I am missing.

Last edited:
Subsequent to posting here I learned that there are at least two common problems with the Sky Fi boombox

1. Failure to get signal if there is any dust or contamination on the connectors
2. Difficulty in ejecting the SkyFi.

Lots of threads in other forums. I guess I will have to live with this.

That would still require a second sub----but worth a thought. Thanks.

I do that with my boombox in the kids room, saves wear and tear and need to "borrow" mine or mom's out of the car, its only another $7 right?

charper1 said:
I do that with my boombox in the kids room, saves wear and tear and need to "borrow" mine or mom's out of the car, its only another $7 right?

I suppose. But to me the whole point of a plug and pla is to avoid that charge.

I went to other way with the whole point of P&P; for me it was to not disturb the total 100% factory look, nor create or add any aftermarket holes & parts to my car. Total OEM classics retain value much better. With past experiences with press-fit connections, I knew after the 2nd or 3rd time that the constant in & out betwen car base to boombox was going to cost me just as much. but I can see you point if you rarely use it.

I'm going to assume you have the original skyfi boombox. I had the same and I pretty much had to pry the skyfi out of it after a while. I got rid of it and got the newer sytle with the cd player built in. So far I havent had any issues with that one but I've only had it for like 3 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts