Removing Local channels from Directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FruitLoomMan

Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
California
The CSR said he can't remove local channels on my account. He said I have to have them. Is this even Legal? I wanted to use an antenna and get them for free. Whats the big deal?

I believe that Direct now includes locals as part of most, if not all the packages. Deleting them, even if they could or would, would not reduce your cost.

GL, Eric

The CSR said he can't remove local channels on my account. He said I have to have them. Is this even Legal? I wanted to use an antenna and get them for free. Whats the big deal?

I believe that Direct now includes locals as part of most, if not all the packages. Deleting them, even if they could or would, would not reduce your cost.

GL, Eric

oldford,
Yes it would.

Yes D* includes the locals in your package now, but if you don't want them, call and tell them, you will save $ 3-5 can't remember which.
I too use an OTA , they are more stable in bad weather times.

Friutloom call back and just tell them you want to drop your locals, it's possible the CSR you spoke with was not aware of that.

Jimbo

Yes the locals are part of the packages, but they still CAN be dropped and you will save about 5$ a month if you do that. I would talk to Tech Support, as they can do everything that a CSR can, but they are a lot smarter and actually know something. I always talk to Tech Support when I have any questions or problems!

Yes the locals are part of the packages, but they still CAN be dropped and you will save about 5$ a month if you do that. I would talk to Tech Support, as they can do everything that a CSR can, but they are a lot smarter and actually know something. I always talk to Tech Support when I have any questions or problems!

Same here.

You're actually only going to save $3, not really worth the effort if you ask me, but whatever...
BTW, E* is the one that charges $5 f/locals...

Just an FYI, CSRs were instructed a year or so ago that packages include locals, and customers are not "supposed to be able to" opt out of locals. For areas that have no locals available, Directv has "no locals" packages for $3 less.

Calling a CSR to drop locals may be technically possible, but they are unlikely to do it cooperatively, they have been instructed not to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)