Removing OTA channels from guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark1281

Original poster
Aug 8, 2015
Macomb, MI
I've decided to part ways with my AM21 and wondering if anyone knows how to remove all the OTA channels from the guide? I tried restarting the box, force download of software update and no luck thus far. Thanks!

I've decided to part ways with my AM21 and wondering if anyone knows how to remove all the OTA channels from the guide? I tried restarting the box, force download of software update and no luck thus far. Thanks!
I'm not in the am 21 now, but I believe there's an option in the AM21 to reset or something like that.
If your just trying to remove them from the guide, go to edit and unchecked the boxes it found, that will remove them from the guide.
Only checked boxes will show in the guide.

In the antenna setup option there is a reset option, this followed by a reboot will likely remove them (though you may still need to remove from a favorites list, not sure on that element).
I too retired my AM21 about six months ago. I'm not sure if I had to do any extra steps to take out the channels, but I don't recall it being anything extensive.

Reactions: Mark1281
I will probably keep my AM21 hooked-up until it dies or they completely stop software for it. One thing that I have personally stopped doing is filling in missing subchannels with incorrect data. It was fun for awhile but I just get frustrated with the clutter of incorrectness. I just leave my home zip and the one zip that fills in MeTV for me with correct data. I just don't watch the subchannels much, and those I do are MeTV, Create, and MHz Worldview, which all have correct guide data.

The clutter of incorrectness can also mess up the AM21 and cause the need to reset it. For me, all I have ever had to do to make the OTA channels disappear off the guide is disconnect the USB and RBR and it's like you never had the AM21. It should go from "Sat & Antenna" to "Satellite" on the menu/settings screen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts