Renewing a Dish contract

IGotNothin

Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
Hello satellite gurus,
This is my first post. I've been a happy subscriber to Dish for over 2 years and so my contract has been fulfilled.

I'm not a satellite expert (pretty much just turn it on and watch) but I know I've got two 301 receivers. I've wanted a DVR, and missed a free promotion by just a few weeks when I originally signed up. So I'm considering calling Dish and seeing if they'll send me a DVR if I agree to extend my contract.

Has anybody had success doing this? I'm willing to leave Dish if I have to as DirectTV will give a DVR to new subscribers (no offense to Dish guys). I'm hoping it's similar to calling your cell phone provider to cancel -- they'll bend over backwards to renew your contract.

Also how can I tell if I have Dish500? That's another thing that appears to be nice, if I don't have it already! :confused:

Thanks for the help,
Ron

Welcome to Satguys Ron.

Call Dish and ask them for an upgrade. They may be able to give you a deal.

Your dish might say Dish 500 on it. If it doesn't is it a round 18" dish or larger oval? If it is an oval then it is a Dish 500.

Or you can go to your menu - install - check switch. If the check switch shows 110 & 119 satellite, you have a Dish 500.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)