Reno, NV local channels Satellite/Transponder

Mathnado

Original poster
Jan 19, 2020
Reno, NV
Does anyone know the Satellite and Transponder(s) that local channels for Reno, NV are on? I get Pixelation occasionally. I want to tune them better.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Mathnado!

Reno hd locals are on 99s transponder 1. The sd versions are on 119 transponder 29.
Good luck!

Does anyone know the Satellite and Transponder(s) that local channels for Reno, NV are on? I get Pixelation occasionally. I want to tune them better.
:welcome to Satelliteguys Mathnado!

Reno hd locals are on 99s transponder 1. The sd versions are on 119 transponder 29.
Good luck!
Thank you, 99s transponder 1 is the worst level (47) I have. I guess some fine tuning is required.

FYI ... I’m in Sacramento and my signal level on 99s Transponder 1 is 98, so it would surely seem that your dish needs some alignment help.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

But Sacramento and Reno, are they in the same Spot Beam ?

I don’t know about that, but figured it was likely that whatever was hitting my dish on 99s would be the same as what’s hitting Reno, given the close proximity. Could be wrong though, so I’d defer to others who may know better.

I don’t know about that, but figured it was likely that whatever was hitting my dish on 99s would be the same as what’s hitting Reno, given the close proximity. Could be wrong though, so I’d defer to others who may know better.

That works perfectly fine if both cities are in the same spot beam.
However, if they are not, it doesn't do a whole lot ... other than noting that its not one that should be at zero.
Particularly with the Locals where alot of them would be at zero other than the cities around you.

For example, On the 99s Sat trn 1 I get zero, thats perfectly normal, because its not being used in my area ... mine would be trn 15 and 16 in my area.

Now if we were talking something Other than locals, which would move us to say 99ca or 99cb .... 99ca would give you a NA as its not used at this time, vs the cb which does work for whatever channels that are assigned to them .... I have 97 on the 99cb.

So, if we were doing non locals, yes, he should have numbers in the 90s and yes he would have an alignment issue going on.

Chip pointed out that his locals should be on 99s/1 so, yes, it should be active and in the high 90's ...

So, the answer is the same, its a alignment issue ...

I use to have the info on my computer as far as whats on what, but don't have anything current at the moment to check and see if you guys are both on the same beam.

Thanks for all the info. If I’m reading this correctly are you saying that when looking at my receiver’s signal level display for 99s/T1, it will change based on the locals that it’s authorized for? Or are you saying that I may simply be looking at a different spot beam?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info. If I’m reading this correctly are you saying that when looking at my receiver’s signal level display for 99s/T1, it will change based on the locals that it’s authorized for? Or are you saying that I may simply be looking at a different spot beam?

You are only 125 or so miles from Reno, so you are definitely seeing the same beam that is directed at Reno. Other beams in the general vicinity may show a lower number if the area it's pointed to is farther away.

As Chip mentioned ...
Seeing your in the same area, you ARE seeing the same one ...

However, like I said, that Sat and trn is in various locations to give other stations in other areas of the country.

As Chip mentioned ...
Seeing your in the same area, you ARE seeing the same one ...

However, like I said, that Sat and trn is in various locations to give other stations in other areas of the country.

Thanks, that’s what I thought. My original reply was hopefully helpful to the OP — just wanted to give him some idea of an expected signal level. Figured since I was so close, the info would be valid. Sounds like it is.

Reactions: Jimbo
Thanks, that’s what I thought. My original reply was hopefully helpful to the OP — just wanted to give him some idea of an expected signal level. Figured since I was so close, the info would be valid. Sounds like it is.

It definitely is helpful. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)