Rentals folder

yelraek

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2006
Talladega, Alabama
Apparently you cannot delete a VOD movie from the rentals folder after it has expired. I have tried every way I could think of with no success. The only option is "rent again". Hesitantly I tried that option hoping that it would give me a way to delete but to my dismay it started the movie. I did not want to rent it again. I asked a DIRT member for help. He said that the movie should automatically delete after the stated rental time but there was no way of manually deleting it at this time. I rented the movie about a week ago and it has not deleted. I asked the DIRT member if he could help me by canceling the second rent as I did not want to watch it again. I have not received an answer to that question. This occurred yesterday.

On my HwS all the "expired" rentals once selected only have one option to select where the "play" button would be and that's "delete". You can't "Blue Button" delete if selected in the main "Rentals" window.

On my HwS all the "expired" rentals once selected only have one option to select where the "play" button would be and that's "delete". You can't "Blue Button" delete if selected in the main "Rentals" window.

I forgot to mention I have the H3. The recall button will not delete the movie. The only option to select is the Rent Again button, which I find to be deceptive.

I forgot to mention I have the H3. The recall button will not delete the movie. The only option to select is the Rent Again button, which I find to be deceptive.
Rent again is not deceptive, it means rent again. There is only one way to define that. That said, you just have to let your rentals time out, and they will... I think they are there so that you know you've already rented it and it cost you some money.

Rent again is not deceptive, it means rent again. There is only one way to define that. That said, you just have to let your rentals time out, and they will... I think they are there so that you know you've already rented it and it cost you some money.

I say it's deceptive because it's the only choice you have. You click on it hoping it will give you the option to delete the icon. I think it's there because they want you to spend more money.

The rental timed out but did not go away. I think I can remember what movies I have rented.

It actually will cost me more money.

Naturally the recall button will not delete.
Once in the rental folder select the movie and the only option will be to select delete. That worked the other day for me.

Naturally the recall button will not delete.
Once in the rental folder select the movie and the only option will be to select delete. That worked the other day for me.

The recall button will delete the program icons that have been recorded in the H3 but will not delete the movie icon in the rentals folder. What you suggest will work only in the H1 or H2.

The recall button will delete the program icons that have been recorded in the H3 but will not delete the movie icon in the rentals folder. What you suggest will work only in the H1 or H2.
H1 or H2 AND H3 select the movie and then select delete.

Could be. Mine was free VOD too but was not 4k.
Ya know, I rented a free movie this morning and fast forwarded it to the end. I see it in my Rentals folder. When I looked at this one it offers the option to delete, whereas paid rentals do not. Can you tell me what free movie you rented that won't let you delete it....

Ya know, I rented a free movie this morning and fast forwarded it to the end. I see it in my Rentals folder. When I looked at this one it offers the option to delete, whereas paid rentals do not. Can you tell me what free movie you rented that won't let you delete it....
I believe you need to wait until it expires.

That's strange. I rented the James Bond movie - Spectre using one of my certificates. It has expired again and still only gives me the option to rent again.

That's strange. I rented the James Bond movie - Spectre using one of my certificates. It has expired again and still only gives me the option to rent again.
Now the picture becomes clear. Even though it was free to you, you had a certificate, it's still a pay movie. Right now pay movies stay in your rental folder until they time out, like not available to rent any more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts