Renting a high def player

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Does anybody know of any stores renting HD DVD or Blu-ray players? Judging from the Blockbuster web site, they don't. I can call a few local mom and pops, but I thought someone here might know if it's done. Yet.

I can't even rent and HD format movies locally and I have national chains and local shops to choose from. Not a thing. Blockbuster keeps saying they are getting HD formats for instore rentals, but no ETA's.

The Hollywood Video store near me carriers both HD-DVD and Blu-ray

I'm happy with Netflix for both HD DVD & Blu-ray.

But I think Navychop was asking about player rentals.

Sorry, no - I've never seen anything for renting players. The next best thing would be to purchase from Best Buy or Circuit City with their 30 day no questions asked return policy if you're not convinced after playing a few rental movies. That's for stand alone players - I think a PS3 would count as a "computer" purchase, which is not as lenient.

Blockbuster. com has HD DVD"s and Blue ray for rent, just go to collections then scroll down to HD DVD or Blue Ray.

Blockbuster. com has HD DVD"s and Blue ray for rent, just go to collections then scroll down to HD DVD or Blue Ray.

Navychop was asking about the hardware itself, not the discs and my response originally was I can't even find the media locally to rent (implying that hardware is probably even harder to find for rental).

Call your local rental places, those that offer furniture, TV sets etc. I rented XBox 360 for a week. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to rent PS3.

The HD download option.

HD DVD cut backs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)