Renting UHD discs

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Just an FYI, 3Dblurayrental has them. I cancelled my Netflix disc account because I can spend the same money over there and have options for 3D movies and UHD stuff I dont wanna buy. It seems they ship from IN and I got my first flick in 4 mailing days. Also nice to know whenever Lionsgate strips lossless audio from a disc this site send you the retail version.

Between this and Redbox I'm pretty well set.

The only complaint I have with them is shipping speed. With any disk that says "short wait" I have to wait 20-22 days to receive it. Back when Point Break 3D first became available to order, I ordered it. I just got the email that I should receive it in 5 days. The charge your CC immediately so they are a company that runs on cash float. The price is high for the 2D disks but they seem to be the only game at all for rental of 3D and UHD.

I tried them for a one-time 3D rental a few weeks ago, mainly because I'd never tried any 3D on my TV (first TV I've had 3D capable). My choice was in stock, so like the OP mentioned, I got it in 3-4 days, no harm no foul. Not the sort of service for instant gratification, obviously. I wondered how the waits were like for the ones not in stock...guess Don's post answered that question.

It will be an experiment for me. I had dropped Netflix DVD and just used Redbox, but I signed up for the 3DBR 2 out at a time monthly plan. So far I got two movies within a week, shipped one of those back today and have IP Man 3 coming. The way I see it, I will be able to rent Gods of Egypt plus some other flicks that month for $25, instead of paying $30 for Gods of Egypt 3D plus other $2 rental fees from Redbox. They also have some stuff in Blu that Redbox only has in DVD. So we shall see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts