Reorder channels in guide please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
Dear Dish Network,

If you develop a method to arrange channels in the guide and channel up/down to personal preference, it would be a huge hit.

Thanks

Howard

Can you be a little clearer as to what your are wanting? We already have the capability to sort the channel listing in either ascending or descending order.

I'm thinking the OP wants to have a favorites list that he can put his favorite channels in the order he wants them. kinda like abc, then espn, then cbs,.... instead of just choosing his favorites and having them in the order that dish has them. i could be wrong though.

Can you be a little clearer as to what your are wanting? We already have the capability to sort the channel listing in either ascending or descending order.

I think what he wants is a way for each individual subscriber to select the channel numbers each station they subscribe to are on their individual set or in their individual household. For example, if "Bob" is a Dish Network subscriber and his favorite channels are ESPN, MSNBC, and FX, he could set it up so that on his television set, ESPN is channel 2, MSNBC is channel 3, and FX is channel 4. Then, when he sits down, he can start at channel 2 and just page channel up to quickly see what is on all three channels. Similarly, "Suzy", another hypothetical Dish customer might like ABC, Lifetime, and Oxygen and set them up as channels 2, 3, and 4 on her set.

People could also create their own channel clusters arranged in ways that make sense to them. For example, they might choose to group their the regional sports networks they subscribe to near ESPN and the national sports networks (Currently mainly of the national ones are in the 140s and many of the regional ones are in the 400s). Or they might create a cluster of channels that show their favorite sitcoms or movies. People could also "self correct" what they see as channels that are in the wrong places-- for example they might want to put all the news channels -- CNN, MSNBC, FOX News, Current TV, and Headline News right next to each other, and move the financial channels like CNBC out to their own cluster of channel locations. Maybe they want to move all those stupid informercial channels into the 9000s so they don't have to flip past them all the time. That sort of thing. Everyone could set things up to their individual tastes and never be affected by channels changing numbers or whatever, since each individual would be in charge of when and if that happens on their television.

Along those lines, it would be great if Dish had favorite buttons on the remote. You could program several buttons to go to your favorite channels. After awhile you do get to know most all the channel numbers, but often enough when I hit "300" for instance, I somehow have only really hit "30." At least for the my favorite channels it would be quicker.

That's what I would like.

I don't even care about changing the channel numbers but in the guide I would like to arrange the channels so the news channels are together, the movie channels are together, documentary type channels are together, and the sports channels are together. Arranged according to personal preference in the guide.

I don't even care about changing the channel numbers but in the guide I would like to arrange the channels so the news channels are together, the movie channels are together, documentary type channels are together, and the sports channels are together. Arranged according to personal preference in the guide.
Ummm. They kinda are, already.

The four personalized guides pretty much allow for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)