Repairing a Venture dish mover

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pittsville

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
38N 75W
I have a Venture dish mover that is frozen solid. The motor works fine and is in good condition, but the jackscrew part is locked up. The Venture website says that it is repairable with common tools, but it looks to me like I have to take a pin out of the coupler that connects the motor to the tube. There appears to be holes in the tube that are to be used to remove the pin, but the shaft is frozen in a position where the pin does not line up with the holes. I tried flooding it with penetrating oil but it won't budge. The tube doesn't appear to be crushed or damaged anywhere. Assuming I can get into the tube does anyone know what I might find in there? I would like to be able to use the old dish mover if possible, but if it's going to take major repairs I might get a new one. I'm hoping someone has worked on these and knows what probably needs to be done to it.

don't know how the venture looks or works ... pics would be nice.

i took a von weise apart and posted pics here . if its alike then you should be able to take it apart. you might have to power the motor a bit to get it to turn until holes align up.

don't know how the venture looks or works ... pics would be nice.

i took a von weise apart and posted pics here . if its alike then you should be able to take it apart. you might have to power the motor a bit to get it to turn until holes align up.

Gabshere used those great instructions to recondition my used Von Weise Actuator 3 years ago and it's still working great. Just some rust on it & wonder if that may need to be addressed over time?

Thanks. The Venture has the pin inside of the tube and it holds a coupler that mates with the motor shaft. The motor comes off without taking any pins out. It fits inside of a shear bushing, which fits inside of the coupler inside the tube. There is a set of holes just past the motor mount holes, and they would line up with the pin if the jackshaft could turn, but it won't budge at all. I could either keep trying to loosen it, or drill new holes to allow me to knock the pin out, or chop the coupler off with a chisel, if I could get another coupler. The other option (which I did) was to order a new actuator from one of the Proud Gold Sponsors. The old one is on the dish in stationary mode. When I get the new one I will take the old one off and see If I can do anything with it. Thanks for your help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts