Repeating Stutter in Composite Output

TechCop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
Aiken, SC
I've been using the composite output for recording on my pc since I got VOOM almost a year ago (I actually view the component output on my sony rp). I feed the composite signal into my ATI All-In-Wonder and capture it to the hard disc.
Since the last update, I have had a repeating stutter (every 1-3 seconds) on the composite output of the voom receiver. Anyone else notice this?

Just noticed it the stutter is not present when viewing an SD signal.

Thanks,

Eddie

Hey, TechCop, sorry I can't answer your question. But you might want to post this over on the VOOM/Yahoo forum as well as Wilt, VP of engineering at Cablevision, reads the posts there. VOOM is having trouble with the new firmware and this might give them another clue on how to fix the problems.

Still enjoying HDTV under rainy Seattle skies, Gill

TechCop said:
I've been using the composite output for recording on my pc since I got VOOM almost a year ago (I actually view the component output on my sony rp). I feed the composite signal into my ATI All-In-Wonder and capture it to the hard disc.
Since the last update, I have had a repeating stutter (every 1-3 seconds) on the composite output of the voom receiver. Anyone else notice this?

Just noticed it the stutter is not present when viewing an SD signal.

Thanks,

Eddie

I saw that as well. A reboot corrected the problem. Try that.

TechCop, I record via S-Video and got the same thing a couple of times. I was watching the show live HD and recording SD and when I played back the recording, the picture stuttered horribly. Yes, a reset is the cure-all, fix-all for all electronic gear, not just Voom.

Sadly - I'd blame the ATI card.

I have the HDTVWonder and it studders pretty much constantly. It's OTA performance prompted me to buy an HDTV. The HDTV prompted me to order Voom :).

FWIW, it's not my PC (Dell 400sc Server, 2.8 Ghz 800FSB, 1 Gig RAM, 200Gig SATA Hard Drive, etc etc). I think ATI's driver set needs improvement.

Shawn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts