Replaced DVR510 with ViP211

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Slaton, Texas
I have 4 subbed receivers (622, 211, 510 and 301 with a DPP44 and D1000 and D500 wing dish pointed at 61.5) and HD Absolute. I also have an old 301 not activated.

I called Dish last night to replace my D510 DVR with a ViP211. CSR insisted they had to send a tech out even though about 25 mos ago they shipped my first 211. Tried to talk CSR into just shipping, but since the install was scheduled for 8am today I let them roll a truck.

Tech arrived and said the work order called for him to pick up my idle 301 and the 510 he was replacing. I refused because I own all of my SD receivers. After he waited 30 minutes on hold finally got Dish to drop the return of my owned receivers and the install of a 211K went forward without a hitch. Tech left after about 1 hour.

Before I could gather up my wallet and head off to work, the doorbell rang - it was Dish Quality Assurance. They checked the signal level on each of my receivers and photographed the rear of all the receivers, my Dish farm and my DPP44 switch then left.

Everything is still working fine, I even put aEHD on the new 211K and it saw the drive as soon as I plugged in the USB cable, formatted it, rebooted and now I have a single tuner HDDVR in place of the single tuner SD DVR for $2.02 more than I was paying before.

BTY the upgrade to the 211 was free with a 24 month committment, which I did not mind since I do not plan to go anywhere anytime soon.

Before I could gather up my wallet and head off to work, the doorbell rang - it was Dish Quality Assurance. They checked the signal level on each of my receivers and photographed the rear of all the receivers, my Dish farm and my DPP44 switch then left.

You have got to be kidding me. What in the world?!!!

The 510 has no DVR fee, it was grandfathered a long time ago. I have one

I wish.

The 501 & the 508 were grandfathered, the 510 was not. I think that it may have even been the first to pay the fee. I have a 510 and have had it since 2003, so I know about this one.

I paid a $5 extra receiver fee and a $5.98 DVR fee for the 510 - total $10.98.

With the ViP211 I'll pay a $7 lease fee and a $7 HD extra reciever fee - total $14.

So I was wrong, it is $3.02 a month more.

However, my second receiver, which is leased, does not incur the extra receiver fee, only the $7 lease fee.

We shall see. It is all a part of my conversion to all HD anyway. The only SD reciever I have left is my 301 in the bedroom feeding an ond Panasonic Showstopper (ReplayTV).

With the ViP211 I'll pay a $7 lease fee and a $7 HD extra reciever fee - total $14.

NO you wont. It's one or the other NOT both.

$7.00 lease fee if the 211 is leased.
or
$7.00 additional receiver fee if you own the 211.

I wish.

The 501 & the 508 were grandfathered, the 510 was not. I think that it may have even been the first to pay the fee. I have a 510 and have had it since 2003, so I know about this one.

Your right, I have a 501 and 508, not 510, almost got a 510 and did not. just remembered. the 501 is not hooked up any more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts