Replaced HWS turns off intermittently

huskerhead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 12, 2003
Urbandale, Iowa
Had a HWS replaced due to not being able to access recorded content on the other HWS in the house without a reset (still happening BTW) but now this one decides to shut off randomly while we're watching TV. No one within 4 houses has Dish on our block (most are Directv) so it isn't someone else turning ours off somehow. Any other solutions? Thanks!

When you say shut off do you mean it re-boots or do you see the "Press Select to View TV" screen? Adjust the inactivity timeout may help if its the latter.

Any tricks on getting DIRT to respond to an IM? I sent one a few days ago to one of them that was on-line and haven't received a response. The HWS continues to turn off by itself.

Disable HDMI-CEC. When the latest software update was installed, I had the same thing happen a few times. It has not happened since I turned off HDMI-CEC.

I've had the Hopper turn off by itself as well as spontaneous reboots. When it turns off, I get the "Press Select to Watch TV" message and it continues to record without interruption if recording at the time.

There is also a time out feature where if you haven't pressed a button in X hours it goes to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)